New member with questions

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

New member with questions

Postby FishaHallic » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:38 pm

Hey guys just found your site about a week ago and it looks real nice. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. First, I currently live in Clearwater, Fl and will be moving to Reno, Nv within a month or two and I noticed most if not all members were in California. Not knowing the Northern Nevada area or California for that matter, are your rides located any where near Reno?

I had a yamaha Raptor 660 sport atv but I sold it due to the move but I want to get a utility atv when I get to Reno. My friend bought a Polaris 500 down here that I rode and I like it and I see alot of you guys ride Polaris. I know everyone has a different opinion but are Polaris the best for the mountain riding I would like to do? I was originally thinking of going with a 700 King Quad but after riding my friends Polaris and seeing alot of you guys ride Polaris I might change my mind :D , what do you guys think? Thanks again for any help and for the nice site with alot of useful info .

Ken
Site Admin

Re: New member with questions

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:46 pm

FishaHallic wrote:Hey guys just found your site about a week ago and it looks real nice. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. First, I currently live in Clearwater, Fl and will be moving to Reno, Nv within a month or two and I noticed most if not all members were in California. Not knowing the Northern Nevada area or California for that matter, are your rides located any where near Reno?
Most of our rides are within 1 hour (Tahoe area) of Reno. So not far at all. We frequently ride in Mina, NV....check Google Earth to see how far it is.

FishaHallic wrote:I had a yamaha Raptor 660 sport atv but I sold it due to the move but I want to get a utility atv when I get to Reno. My friend bought a Polaris 500 down here that I rode and I like it and I see alot of you guys ride Polaris. I know everyone has a different opinion but are Polaris the best for the mountain riding I would like to do? I was originally thinking of going with a 700 King Quad but after riding my friends Polaris and seeing alot of you guys ride Polaris I might change my mind :D , what do you guys think? Thanks again for any help and for the nice site with alot of useful info .

Both the Polaris and King Quad are good rock crawlers (mountain riding)...I prefer the Polaris for the instant locker in the front...but the KQ is a nice machine.

Polaris is also about 150lbs more and a bit wider...which could be a bit more stable....
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:56 pm

Thanks Ken, when I get out there and purchase my atv I'll be postin again and hopefully ride with you guys on one of the easier trails until then I will be lurking 8-[

WillRide
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby WillRide » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

660 Raptor, now that's what I'm talkin bout! Actually I'm probably one of the only guys on this board who doesn't have a 4x4 quad (yet!). When I do get one though, it will likely be a Polaris.
Don't know how I'm going to afford one now, since I just bought a new Chevy Duramax truck.
When I grow up, I want to be just like Ken! :D
--Will
'15 RZR S 900 eps (oh yes I did!)
'02 Yamaha Raptor

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 am

WillRide wrote:660 Raptor, now that's what I'm talkin bout! Actually I'm probably one of the only guys on this board who doesn't have a 4x4 quad (yet!). When I do get one though, it will likely be a Polaris.
Don't know how I'm going to afford one now, since I just bought a new Chevy Duramax truck.
When I grow up, I want to be just like Ken! :D

LOL...

I guess I shouldn't mention my

Panasonic 42" Plasma
Klipsch Heresy III speakers
Klipsch Synergy C1 Center speaker
Velodyne 1000Watt 15" Subwoofer
Denon 2807 7.1 receiver

so that my PS3 would look and sound awesome.
:lol:
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:00 am

Wow you have very nice taste in speakers.
Last edited by MrBill on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:07 am

Ken is doing his job at increasing the GDP . . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

WillRide
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby WillRide » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Ken wrote:
I guess I shouldn't mention my

Panasonic 42" Plasma
Klipsch Heresy III speakers
Klipsch Synergy C1 Center speaker
Velodyne 1000Watt 15" Subwoofer
Denon 2807 7.1 receiver

so that my PS3 would look and sound awesome.
:lol:

Oh sure, and that's probably just the system in your truck, right? :)
--Will
'15 RZR S 900 eps (oh yes I did!)
'02 Yamaha Raptor

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:53 pm

I got a diesel just to lug around that subwoofer...lol

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director