New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:40 am

We were right there. You must have been at the table right behind me. I stood up right there through the whole auction, looking for bids in our section. The RZR ride was my auction item along with Auburn Powersports. Tim, at my table won the item.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

05pwrstrk
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby 05pwrstrk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Ken wrote:We were right there. You must have been at the table right behind me. I stood up right there through the whole auction, looking for bids in our section. The RZR ride was my auction item along with Auburn Powersports. Tim, at my table won the item.
Really?? Then yeah I probably saw you and I just didn't know who you were. Sorry about that. Our table and the one behind us were mildly chaotic. :mrgreen: \:D/ I was hoping we weren't being too loud. I had Dave the owner of Poly Performance at my table and also Scott's(cruzilla) dad. Fun time and I'm seeing a pattern here. The pattern is we are meeting more and more people every year. The first year my wife and I really didn't know anyone but John Arenz, and this is also the year my wife and I met Dave from Poly Performance and his fiance Meghan. Next year Dave and I are probably going to get together and buy a full table and split it to get out business names out there. Well his is very well know but mine is just getting off the ground. Lots of work.

B-

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Yes! I know the table. My Table had Steve Morse and his wife (Steve's son wrote the Rubicon Historical book), Tom Celio, from the DOT in EL DO, Tim Greene and Wife (who spilled coffee all over herself) and me and Lori. During the Auction, Ryan Mohondro was there...behind you in the corner...was Leslie (we went to elementary school in Burlingame together)....her table was filled with empty bottles...her boyfriend was in the band. So I think that whole table was band people.

We had our annual RTF meeting this weekend....and we agreed that this year...the event seemed to come of age....instead of people telling us they were happy to support RTF....They said...."we had a blast"....
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Ken wrote:Yes! I know the table. My Table had Steve Morse and his wife (Steve's son wrote the Rubicon Historical book), Tom Celio, from the DOT in EL DO, Tim Greene and Wife (who spilled coffee all over herself) and me and Lori. During the Auction, Ryan Mohondro was there...behind you in the corner...was Leslie (we went to elementary school in Burlingame together)....her table was filled with empty bottles...her boyfriend was in the band. So I think that whole table was band people.

We had our annual RTF meeting this weekend....and we agreed that this year...the event seemed to come of age....instead of people telling us they were happy to support RTF....They said...."we had a blast"....
Yep Ryan came up to me and told me I was in his HAM class. I was like, "I was?" He was showing me some things on his radio. I still have yet to even talk on mine. :? Baby steps right? I don't remember the names, besides Ryan, that table. This was the first year I didn't take any pictures. Duh. Those would be handy right now.

What type of Quad to you have?

I have a "hold my beer(it was actually Jack and coke) now watch this" moment I should tell you about sometime.

B-

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 pm

I have the software to program that, BTW. If you ever need it.

I have a Sportsman 800....it's in my profile pic and a million photos and videos on the site....you have some homework young man.... :)

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Ken wrote:I have the software to program that, BTW. If you ever need it.

I have a Sportsman 800....it's in my profile pic and a million photos and videos on the site....you have some homework young man.... :)
I'm going to be meeting up with John Arenz one morning for coffee and some Ham radio programming education. He told me he'd just program the whole radio and then just give it to me but I told him no because I actually want to know what the heck I'm doing with it.

The Sportman 800. Isn't that one of those two seater quads??

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm

05pwrstrk wrote:

I'm going to be meeting up with John Arenz one morning for coffee and some Ham radio programming education. He told me he'd just program the whole radio and then just give it to me but I told him no because I actually want to know what the heck I'm doing with it.

No. That's the X2.

haha...F that!! Programming those radios by hand...is a PITA!! LOL I bought the software and connector...I've probably programmed 5 or 6 radios now with it. The likelihood of me needing to program memory in the field is near zero. But I applaud your stance.... [-o<

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Ken wrote:The likelihood of me needing to program memory in the field is near zero. But I applaud your stance.... [-o<
amateurs..... 8)
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Ken wrote:
05pwrstrk wrote:

No. That's the X2.

haha...F that!! Programming those radios by hand...is a PITA!! LOL I bought the software and connector...I've probably programmed 5 or 6 radios now with it. The likelihood of me needing to program memory in the field is near zero. But I applaud your stance.... [-o<
Thank you...thank you...no applause needed and autographs will be signed later.... lol....and let me rephrase myself. Basically I don't want to be "that guy" in the field that can't get around his own radio. So I figured learn how to put in 4-5 freqs then of course have Arenz put the rest in via computer program. :mrgreen: Drink coffee. Also try and learn whatever other functions there may be. Drink coffee. Ask questions that didn't come up in class. Drink coffee. BS about up coming events. Drink more coffee. Here about his trip he has planned to MOAB. Drink even more coffee. Cross my fingers my heart doesn't explode from the fire house coffee.

I'll have to look through some of ATVo's pics. What bags are you using Ken??

Joeyy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Joeyy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello, just located this site today. It looks well organized and active. I've only been riding for a year. It would be fun to get out and ride with a group and attend some gatherings.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Joeyy wrote:Hello, just located this site today. It looks well organized and active. I've only been riding for a year. It would be fun to get out and ride with a group and attend some gatherings.
Our organized run is coming in September. Read the Announcement page for the Mr. Miyagi memorial. Love to have you come.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:28 pm

wellcome joeyy! have fun on here and dont listen to mini mike! :D
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Joeyy wrote:Hello, just located this site today. It looks well organized and active. I've only been riding for a year. It would be fun to get out and ride with a group and attend some gatherings.
Welcome aboard! Where are you located?
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Joeyy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Joeyy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:22 am

I live in the metropolitan center of Truckee. I've been riding solo for about a year. It will be great fun to ride in a group.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:59 am

Truckee...nice.

Grizzly Guy is your neighbor...

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director