My personal tribute to Chadd

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

My personal tribute to Chadd

Postby Kendo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:17 pm

I will begin by saying I wish I had gotten to know him better and taken him up on his offer to ride the La Porte area. Too many times, we get caught up and are too busy with our lives though, and I want to make it my goal to change, at least for me.

It was only a couple of days after Chadd passed that I too experienced chest pains, while sitting in my recliner watching TV. I tried to play it off as indigestion, but my wife would have no part of that. Off to the ER we went. After about 3 hours of testing, poking and prodding, the Dr tells me "it's not your heart". Well, I was relieved but I didn't buy into it 100%. That was Friday the 5th.

Monday morning, I got into work and started thinking more about the shortness of breath I was experiencing with the slightest exertion and called my family physician. I saw him at 11 that morning. He referred me to a cardiologist and scheduled a stress test.

Thursday I had the first part of the test. The following Monday was the treadmill portion. I think I made it 5 minutes before the Dr. stopped me. At noon, I saw him again in his office and the angiogram was scheduled for Wed. After that test, I was offered 2 options - bypass surgery or medication and live my life "as is" from this point forward. Well, option 2 really wasn't an option since I couldn't climb stairs or walk more than a few feet without chest pain.

The following Tuesday was my appt with the surgeon and the next day was my surgery date. So less than 3 weeks from "it's not your heart" and I was going in for a triple bypass.

That was 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Every day is a little better than the previous one. Coughing brings the pain like you can't imagine but it is a necessary evil.

I can say, I really don't care much for going to the Dr, never have. However, because of the recent passing of Chadd, it was in the back of my mind and I truly believe he, in some way, was watching over me and telling my stubborn dumb ass to go see the Dr.

So thank you Chadd, and you will always hold a special place in my heart.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks Dude.

I think it's a really good thing, when something good comes from thing that is terrible.

For me....no doubt it was Terry. Other than my 5 months in Omaha, after Terry died...I really took a hard look at what I ate.

Hopefully you all see Terry and Chadd...and eat a little healthier...get a physical.

Make the most of Kendo 2.0.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:05 am

Well written. We all hope you make a smooth recovery. And if there's anythink I can do let me know.

I look forward to Kendo 2.0.
KI6MLH