Got Tracks?

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Sasquatch
Is tracking a shipment right now

Got Tracks?

Postby Sasquatch » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Not sure if I can pull it off, but Im hoping to be able to save up and purchase a set of Tatou 4S tracks for my machine by this upcomming fall/winter season.

It would be nice to know there is a few others running tracks locally so I can have someone to ride with... 8)

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Got Tracks?

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Me, Scott (ATV'r) and ToddW do. Todd lives your side.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:26 pm

I'd have to sell a quad to get tracks.... Hmmmmmmmm.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:02 pm

The Tatou 4 have been the ones ive looked at the most as well, they look like a nice set up and there all season which is a huge +.

Everytime i start thinking about them though i just cant justify the cost.. you can get a nice used sled for that price. Also i ride alone often but, i dont want to ride alone on tracks in the snow, so how many times a year will i actully use them? My 2 censt are it would be much easyer to find people to sled with then it would be to find people to ATV with tracks. Ive seen a few good buys on the tracks on craigslist but still couldnt pull the trigger.
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:25 am

I don't use them much either Brian....but I really like 'em when I do..

I've had them 3 winters now...I'd say money's worth at this point..i paid 2k. I like Scott's Tatou's a lot. He can definitely climb steeper stuff than me.

What I like about them...is the camping/adventure aspect, not the thrill aspect...like a sled. I don't see a sled lugging my tent, gear, food, clothes..etc....which is why I went Tracks.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am

Ken wrote:.

What I like about them...is the camping/adventure aspect, not the thrill aspect...like a sled. I don't see a sled lugging my tent, gear, food, clothes..etc....which is why I went Tracks.

This is what I like about them too. But I wouldnt mind getting a sled some day too.

The new 4S tracks are sweet. I got last years model of them. They work awesome. This years 4S tracks have better boggies and they really help cusion the ride if you want to use them in the mud etc.
KI6MLH