OHV Sticker???

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

OHV Sticker???

Postby DAVE » Thu May 26, 2011 9:06 pm

so I have 3 Quads 2 of them stay in Ca the other stays in Nevada most of the time. I would at times like to Ride the Nevada quad in ca. I would prefer not to regerser the nevada quad in Ca. my question is can I get an out of state Ca OHV sticker for the Nevada quad????

I live in Ca (Ca resident)

I also have a home in Nevada

Dave
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Re: OHV Sticker???

Postby ACLakey » Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 am

I don't know how it works with CA and NV but Oregon recognizes other states OHV stickers for out of state riders. If you need to purchase one for piece of mind it will run you $10.50 for a two year ohv sticker.

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: OHV Sticker???

Postby hemingray » Fri May 27, 2011 11:50 am

From CA State Parks

"If you are a resident of another state and your OHV has valid registration from that state, you do not need a Green or Red Sticker or a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit. If your OHV does not have valid registration or the equivalent from your home state, you will need to get a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit. A title is not registration. For states bordering California, the Oregon OHV Permit and the Arizona OHV Decal meet the requirement for OHV registration by residents of those states. The Nevada Decal does not meet the requirement for OHV registration; therefore, a Nevada resident will need to purchase the California Nonresident OHV Use Permit to operate their OHV in California. If proposed Nevada legislation establishing an OHV program and a registration procedure passes and is implemented, California will accept Nevada registration for operation in California by Nevada residents."

Permits are $30 for a year. List of places to get them: here (3 in Quincy in case you use 70 to get to NV). Seems like a good deal if you don't want to reg in CA.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS