eldorado nat forest road closures

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

mickeyc
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

eldorado nat forest road closures

Postby mickeyc » Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

hi obsession riders. im new to the forum but needed to vent on the 42 road closures in the eldorado forrest. ive had a cabin in the bunker hill murry camp area since 1962. a liberal judge or activist judge as they are now called has decided the forrest service didnt do a good enough eir on their road accessment in their 2008 road evaluation . a small enviromental group says the roads pass through meadows and close to meadows not addressed in the past eir. in the years that we have owned our land there are no meadows on the any of the closed roads in this area with the exception of the mckinstry lake area, the roads on morman trail off hwy 88 does have some meadows but the trail has been there for 100 yrs. sorry to take up your time but its time for the atv industry to help the atv and off road riders save these trails. its their future as well as ours, thanks for listening

Ken
Site Admin

Re: eldorado nat forest road closures

Postby Ken » Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey Mickey

I posted your private message to me here...since it seemed more broad in nature.

The 42 trails closing is compete BS....you don't have to convince us. I was at the meeting with Kathy from the USFS...she seemed genuinely unhappy about the whole thing as well. What you need to do, if you know a trail that is closed, and know that either it DOES NOT go through a meadow OR would be easy to reroute...I suggest taking photos.....and sending them to the USFS. I can get you an email.

I talked to Kathy about 14N39 on the Tahoe side....and told her there is NO meadow....she said take photos. I think the FS would really like to reopen these trails....just my gut feeling...
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

mickeyc

Postby mickeyc » Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

thanks ken. since weve had the cabin for so long, im checking any old photos for some input on the meadow thing. i talked to kathy and i agree it isnt the forest service, it the judge and the activist group of enviromentlist that brought up this bogus suit. there are no meadows on some of these roads

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Rich, Monte and Karen. That's your 3 people who hate...pure and simple.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

mickeyc

Postby mickeyc » Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 pm

went to cabin on the bunker hill road which is one of the closed roads. saw the first red sign put up today. says road closed to all motor vehicles. also using the skycrane helecopter to carry rock from lotus to rubicion. road improvement around ellis creek

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu May 24, 2012 8:30 am

I was there. I'll have some video and shots.

Actually, the rock isn't going anywhere near Ellis. The drop spots varied from Soup Bowl to Rubicon Springs....

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director