First Our Trails, Now Our Guns?

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Sasquatch
Is tracking a shipment right now

First Our Trails, Now Our Guns?

Postby Sasquatch » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Anyone Else Into Guns/Shooting?

Have you seen this proposal yet? :shock: Not only are "they" threatening to ban our 2nd amendment right to bear arms, but "they" are also threatening to confiscate them without reimbursment...

I fear I smell the next civil war brewing right here in OUR own back yard #-o

For those of you fortunate enough to live outside of "Komifornia", you should be very concerned as well IMO... New laws that originate here have been documented to spread like cancer to our neighboring states... who's next on the list? :(

Speak your mind now while you still are allowed to, or forever have your opinions suppressed!

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: First Our Trails, Now Our Guns?

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:22 am

been watching it for awhile and taking some action e-mail spread the word etc..
quick fact about it
"SB 249 is an
ex post facto law and is expressly prohibited by the U.S. Constitution. SB 249 would criminalize
the possession of firearms that are currently legal to possess. States are prohibited from passing
and enforcing ex post facto laws by Clause 1 of Article I of Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution."

god i hope there right
more quick facts
http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads ... sheet1.pdf

i just put this together Feature less so exempt from this bill so far thank god and no bullet button. Ill be changing it around again soon but this was just to test out the waters per say.

for 12-15$ you can get those grips to convert to a feature less ill be picking up a few more just in case.
09 can-am renegade

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 pm

I see your into reloading... is that a Dillon press? =D>

Im just getting into it myself... so far all I have loaded is about 400 rnds of 44Mag... working up the courage to do my first batch of 308 next 8)

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:57 pm

yup its a dillion 550b with some extra bells and whistles.
I originally got into reloading for my .50 beowulf which is a oddball cartridge, but like most things in my life it snowballed and i now reload for .44 / .50 beo / .40 / 9mm / .223/ .357/ .45/ and soon either .308/ 300 win mag or 30-06 cant make up my mind. Its great being able to actually shoot some of these calibers more often, before id only shoot my .44 maybe twice a year. I shudder at the very thought of how much brass ive left behind / tossed out in my life time wish i had it all now.
09 can-am renegade

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm

You and I need to have a pow-wow bruther! :mrgreen:

I may have questions... you may have answers... I am a GREAT student with lotz-o-potential :wink:

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Failed to mention I cook a "Mean Tri-Tip", "Perfect Pork Chops", and some "Luscious Chicken"... I still owe you for the grubbin' breakfast bagle that one time at band camp... 8)

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:46 pm

ive just got into reloading as well this past year id bet i dont know a whole lot more then you. Ive done tons of research but lack experience ive only loaded up and shot 6k or so of my roll your owns (loaded more just not shot). I do however like free meals and like shooting the shit (had to). I had one of my friends who has reloaded for years teach me so i felt much more comfortable starting off.
09 can-am renegade

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Well then... I will at very least give you a well deserved nod for a couple reasons 8)

At this point my "round count" is in the low 100's... (less than 1K)

I have nobody to get some "hands-on" education from...

Free food offer still stands! Like minded people and all :D

Here's a few recent shots of my "newbie" progress for your enjoyment~

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:31 pm

haha i got the charge master 1500 as well, rcbs stuff is made 30 miles from my house actually. Dont know if you have it yet but a hand primer system from rcps or who ever really speeds things up if your weighing every single charge on the charge master. I do 20 or so cases with the hand primer then start the charge master, by the time it dispenses i can get about 3 more cases primed, dump it then start priming again as it measures it out. I usualy do about 200 rounds when i single stage, by the end ill have about 120 or so primred and powdered (the rest all primed). so i then put my bullet seating die in and start seating bullets then why im waiting on the charge master (2 per load usually). I hardly single stage reload any more though, ive found some very nice powders i like that meter (feed) well in my dillion dispenser with as little as 0.1 variance. If i get the .308 im looking at ill be single staging rounds again for sure though.

I see you have some light lead loads do you cast bullets? My friend that taught me cast his own but i havent got into that yet, seems like it would take to long.

Once it cools down some again ill plan a trip to reno again to go shooting you should come along.

also so others know sb249 was taking off for this year, theres still a chance they can try tell like the 31st of this month but it should stay away tell next year now.
09 can-am renegade

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Roger that on SB249 =D>

I am down for a good plinkin' session ANYTIME (once it cools down like you said) :lol:

As for my personal procedure, once all my brass is properly prepped and primed (by hand) I fire up the digi-scale-measurer doo-dah and will charge and load each round 1 @ a time... no confusion... perfect results :wink:

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Roger that on SB249 =D>

I am down for a good plinkin' session ANYTIME (once it cools down like you said) :lol:

As for my personal procedure, once all my brass is properly prepped and primed (by hand) I fire up the digi-scale-measurer doo-dah and will charge and load each round 1 @ a time... no confusion... perfect results :wink:
Once the scale has warmed up and been properly calibrated, I enter the desired charge weight and it goes all by itself! Once the scale is full, I charge my primed casing, replace scale pan (at which time it automatically starts dispensing the next pre-calibrated charge into the pan), enter said bullit of choice, introduce said bullet to press handle.. and "PRESTO"... I cant load a round as fast as my scale can wheigh the next one comming at this point... you should come over here and try it out for yourself Im thinkin' :mrgreen:

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Mr. Green wrote:yup its a dillion 550b with some extra bells and whistles.
Sasquatch wrote:Once the scale has warmed up and been properly calibrated, I enter the desired charge weight and it goes all by itself!
You kids have it way too easy. My dad taught me to reload when I was 8 years old and back then it was just single-stage presses and manual beam scales. My dad made our powder funnel out of a pipe part (as in the smoking kind), some cardboard from a TV dinner box and masking tape. The primer pocket cleaner was just an old frayed pipe cleaner. If the brass looked really-really dirty, I'd toss them in a Folgers can with some sand from my old sandbox, shake them around, then hose them off and let them dry in the sun. Calipers? I'd heard of them but dad just eyeballed things. We didn't cast our own boolits, but we did have to walk uphill through snow to the hardware store to buy them, then uphill through snow on the way home.

But it wasn't all bad: you could buy boolits, powder, primers, ammo and even GUNS at the local hardware store. Ride your Schwinn Stingray up to Emil's store, pay cash, walk out, no paperwork, background checks or any of the crap you kids and the rest of us have to deal with today! :mrgreen:
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

Sasquatch

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:35 pm

GrizzlyGuy wrote:[You kids have it way too easy. My dad taught me to reload when I was 8 years old and back then it was...
Thats EXACTLY what Im missin'... wanna try some of my hand-loads? :lol:

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:32 am

GrizzlyGuy wrote: You kids have it way too easy. My dad taught me to reload when I was 8 years old and back then it was just single-stage presses and manual beam scales. My dad made our powder funnel out of a pipe part (as in the smoking kind), some cardboard from a TV dinner box and masking tape. The primer pocket cleaner was just an old frayed pipe cleaner. If the brass looked really-really dirty, I'd toss them in a Folgers can with some sand from my old sandbox, shake them around, then hose them off and let them dry in the sun. Calipers? I'd heard of them but dad just eyeballed things. We didn't cast our own boolits, but we did have to walk uphill through snow to the hardware store to buy them, then uphill through snow on the way home.

But it wasn't all bad: you could buy boolits, powder, primers, ammo and even GUNS at the local hardware store. Ride your Schwinn Stingray up to Emil's store, pay cash, walk out, no paperwork, background checks or any of the crap you kids and the rest of us have to deal with today! :mrgreen:
Yep, my Dad and I started reloading when I was a teenager and bought all of our supplies at Long's Drugs in Anchorage, AK. They sold EVERYTHING! I still have the old reliable single stage RCBS press (Rockchucker) and everything we started with. I am dreaming of a Dillon 650, but don't have an extra $1500 lying around right now. I have loaded thousands of rounds of pistol and rifle ammo. Nowadays, you have to do it almost out of necessity if you want to shoot. Not to mention it's outrageously expensive to buy factory shit.

We should all get together and head over the border for a shoot 'em up party. I have an AR that I built probably 3 years ago and have never shot. :cry: I'm intrigued by your lower Brian - where did you get that?
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm

I shot an AR-15 this weekend....pic on Facebook. Wow...what a smooth shooter that gun is....very nice.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/