URGENT THEY ARE GONNA DEDSTROY LITTLE SLUICE ON THE RUBICON

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

URGENT THEY ARE GONNA DEDSTROY LITTLE SLUICE ON THE RUBICON

Postby Kodiak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 am

i just found out that this friday they are gonna blow up the big rocks in little sluice and fill it with small rocks! this needs to be stopped.
here is some email addresses and a sample email, be firm but not a Dick that won't help.

to: bosthree@edcgov.us, bosone@edcgov.us, bosfour@edcgov.us, bostwo@edcgov.us, bosfive@edcgov.us

cc: senator.gaines@senate.ca.gov, Congressman Tom McClintock <ca04tmima@mail.house.gov>

date: Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

subject: URGENT: TIME SENSITIVE - Destruction of Little Sluice

Dear Supervisor Sweeney,

We have heard recently that the Little Sluice is going to be permanently modified late this week (Friday, September 28th) by your order. I am asking you to not crack the rocks, and to not dump 800 cubic yards of rock, destroying what has become a iconic section of the world famous Rubicon Trail.

During the Eldorado County Board of Supervisors Meeting where many users gave passionate testimony on the Easement options presented to us, we were blindsided by you adding, at the last minute, an item to Option 2, to the crack the rocks in Little Sluice. Three of your fellow board members followed suit, blindly in my opinion. Which led many of us to wonder what political benefit possessed you to do such a thing to the very people who have supported you throughout your entire career.

You shoved it through despite over 100 trail users in your chambers objecting to this action, hundreds of letters, e-mails and faxes.

There are bypasses around the 100" of trail that all users have access to. There is no impediment to the trail. The issues of degradation have been managed by both the County and user groups. There is no good REASON to reduce this Icon of the trail to rubble.

We objected to it then and we object to it now. Little Sluice must be left in tact. Call off the Helicopter, call off the cracking crews. Then we will sit down and devise a plan to manage the area to whatever standards we as users can agree on with the County.

Do not destroy Little Sluice, it is an Iconic section of the famous Rubicon Trail.

Sincerely,

Jacquelyne "Bebe" Theisen
Friends of the Rubicon
Friends of Greenhorn
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

Ken
Site Admin

Re: URGENT THEY ARE GONNA DEDSTROY LITTLE SLUICE ON THE RUBI

Postby Ken » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm

It's going to happen.....

This was decided...in 2009....2 whole years ago. I don't understand why everyone's panties are in a bunch now....when the decision was made 2 years ago. It's like a criminal....he's in court...and his gets prison time....and while on bail...he's sentenced to 10 years. The time to fight your case isn't when you walk into jail.....it's OVER by then.

The CAO states the County is responsible for sediment, hazardous waste and human feces abatement. The county built water bars for sediment, they are building bathrooms for Feces and the place on the trail with A LOT of hazardous dirt...is little sluice.

So...choices

1) Try to remove the dirt. (costly, would require removing EVERY ROCK...removing all the dirt and replacing it...and putting the rocks back). That option is not going to happen.

2) Break all the big rocks to create rock to cover the dirt.

3) Bring new rock to fill holes

Option 3 is the 2nd most costly, as it requires a helicopter...but leaves most of the rocks behind...albeit smaller due to the road rising.

The last part of this equation...is the County is sick and tired of the spectacle of "Little Sluice". I've been there with 150-200 people....music blasting..crap everywhere...rigs parked illegal....Did you know there was BRUSH at Toyota Exit?? Well..it's dead and gone....they drove over it, until it was no more. They abused the area....plain and simple. So they will likely reduce some of the larger rocks.

The trail was altered by humans....for enjoyment in 1992.....the first rock was pulled in...and it continued. So you only know it as it is now....but I know it...as it was from 1953 until 1992. My right and MY ability to drive my Jeep through the Little Sluice was taken away...but ONE person....how do you think I felt in 1992?? I was pissed off. Who was the ASSPHAT who pulled this big ass rock off the cliff??? Did I get public process or a chance to argue against it?? NOPE.

So everyone...needs to respect all opinions.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 pm

really wanted to run it this year knowing it was going to hapend .thought it would be awesome to do on the quad and kinda get some respect in the rock crawling world #-o to those who have done it i admire you all. ken, it only took 20 years to get your wish and can now take your jeep on it again.

so i heard tonight that there is signs up on bolth ends saying its closed. good bye LS .
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:25 am

I seriously doubt my Willys will be able to go through it after they're done....it still will be difficult and probably beyond the reach of 32" tires.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:26 am

And yes...

It was closed yesterday....there should be about 10 LEO's out there.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey Angelo, did you hear Boyd Coddington died?

LOL (Ken will understand this....)
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 pm

ROFL....

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director