July 4th Ride, where??

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

jrubicon
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

July 4th Ride, where??

Postby jrubicon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Any folks riding on the 4th? Im willing to drive 4 hours from San Jose, CA.

I need to get out.. Tahoe national Forest? Mendocino? Redding?

santanderj -at- yahoo (dot) com email me if i can tag along with you folks. thanks
Last edited by jrubicon on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yamaha Grizzly 700

play in Mendocino-Toiyabe-Tahoe National Forests.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: July 4th Ride, where??

Postby Kendo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:10 pm

Hey Jason, first of all welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about the riding partner situation. Just so you know, no one here really rides, we just talk about it a lot. :lol: You will find that these are a great group of guys and we do get together occasionally. We do a lot of quick day trips right up the hill, but sometimes will actually plan something out. There is an annual trip called "Miyagi" that you can read about on the board. I think we're up to 9 or 10 by now. It's in September, usually around the second weekend.

Keep an eye on the Going for a Ride section, sometimes we'll actually remember to post there BEFORE we leave. Now that there's a new guy, maybe we'll pay closer attention to the board.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

jrubicon
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby jrubicon » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Kendo wrote:Hey Jason, first of all welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about the riding partner situation. Just so you know, no one here really rides, we just talk about it a lot. :lol: You will find that these are a great group of guys and we do get together occasionally. We do a lot of quick day trips right up the hill, but sometimes will actually plan something out. There is an annual trip called "Miyagi" that you can read about on the board. I think we're up to 9 or 10 by now. It's in September, usually around the second weekend.

Keep an eye on the Going for a Ride section, sometimes we'll actually remember to post there BEFORE we leave. Now that there's a new guy, maybe we'll pay closer attention to the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8-lCXLGg4 this is same area, toiyabe national forest, this video.

I heard about the miyagi, sounds good but too much slow rock crawling, i want to add miles, go places.
Last edited by jrubicon on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doulos
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby doulos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:33 pm

jrubicon wrote:I heard about the miyagi , sounds good but too much slow rock crawling, i want to add miles, go places.
I went with these guys to the Miyagi in 2012 and I gotta tell ya, we did an all day ride that was a blast! I think it was 73 miles that day. Best ride I'd ever been on! I skipped the rock climbing myself but it would have been fun to go watch.
I'd highly recommend you go at least once, if for nothing else just to meet the gang. =D> Great group of guys except for... you know who you are! LOL!!! :P

Silver 2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE
Diablo Beadlocks w/ Pit Bull Growlers
Warn XT-30 w/ Remote
Garmin GPSMAP 62St
Moose F/R Bumpers
Ricochet Skid Plates
Plano 1510 ATV Box
Maier Hand Guards
2" Receiver
ODI Grips
Rigid D2's
RotoPax

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:50 pm

The crawling is only part of it - I almost ran out of gas on that mega-Miyagi - and I did have a can with me! No shortage of riding distance if rocks aren't your thing. I don't crawl at all, despite their best efforts to lure me down the Fordyce. There are some great places to see and visit out there on that weekend (indeed - any time!).
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

WillRide
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby WillRide » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:27 am

Hey guys. I recently got the word from Ken that this year's Miyagi ride will be Sept 18, 19, 20. If Ken doesn't post it soon in the Announcements section, I probably will. I'm looking forward to that weekend, as usual.
--Will
'15 RZR S 900 eps (oh yes I did!)
'02 Yamaha Raptor

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Jason...

Welcome and DEFINITELY come to Mr. Miyagi....the main ride is about 40 miles or so....no rock crawling. There is a group that goes to Fordyce, but that's on Friday. Saturday is main ride....Saturday night after dinner is night ride to mountain top and a cocktail....star watch and BS.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Kendo just got a facial tick about the 2012 ride.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Can. Not. Talk. Death. Ride. Want. Kill. Larry.....
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS