I wants me an Outty Ohco

Spin City

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:23 pm

mtrider wrote:You made a good choice. I ride an Outy 500 right now. Several of the people i ride with have Outy 800. They are nice machines. The only problem with the 800 is they have to much snap when trying to ride a very technical piece of trail. They all have said they need to have the clutch packs changed, because the grab to quick.
Well...Jeff flipped over his 650. I'd imagine the 800 would be impossible to ride over really technical stuff, without modifications.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Loppy
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Loppy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:54 pm

A. The flopover was a stupid mistake by me not used to the machine. Trust me, it had nothing to do with the terrain or the quad.

B. I've done two very technical sections on it so far and it performed QUITE well. Yes, it's a bit jumpy and you have to be very careful with the throttle but I got used to it quickly. I think the gearing could be lower for the rocky stuff.

I have no doubt that the other rides may have some better qualities regarding rock crawling, but this little 650 gets the job done and I wouldn't trade that for a second for it's all other conditions, flat out rip in the ass performance. I'm not a huge fan of rock crawling on quads anyway, so it's perfect for me.
Scars are tatoos with better stories

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:19 pm

OK, shall we analyze the statements made by Mr. Loppy.
Loppy wrote:A. The flopover was a stupid mistake by me not used to the machine.

This is a fairly true statement, since it was the very FIRST ride on the quad.
Loppy wrote:Trust me, it had nothing to do with the terrain......

So the shear vertical face you were attempting to back up had nothing to do with the roll??
Loppy wrote:B. I've done two very technical sections on it so far and it performed QUITE well.
Unless I am mistaken, the 'technical sections' you are referring to were the ones on the very first ride. You remember the first ride - the one when you flopped the quad on yourself, as mentioned in exhibit A.
Loppy wrote:...but I got used to it quickly.

OK, so you got used to the jumpiness of the throttle quickly, and you were impressed by how it performed on the 'technical sections' but yet you also stated that you flopped BECAUSE you weren't used to it. Please clarify, were you used to it or not?!?!?!?!?
Loppy wrote:I'm not a huge fan of rock crawling on quads anyway, so it's perfect for me.
Well, when we rode at Moonrocks you complained about the flat out high speed road riding we did as well. So I am wondering, exactly what kind of riding do you really enjoy doing??

Oh and as always my friend :finger: :lol: :wink:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 pm

Kendo... you should have been a lawyer... you got enough shit in ya!!! :lol:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:11 am

rofl. The defense RESTS, your honor.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

regor
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby regor » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:17 pm

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... e+problems
I've heard a few problems with the frames and some shock and spring problems. I know a few people that ride them, one friend had to make his own heat shield on the 650, burn the hell out of your leg. My other friend has 3 outys and has had good luck so far. He doesn't have too many miles on them yet though. Sometimes i think i like the visco lock system, other day's or conditions, i"m glad i don"t have it. From what i can tell, it's pretty much just like the polaris awd system
05 king quad
o4 eiger
08 can am 650 max xt

Loppy

Postby Loppy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:32 pm

**Public Service Announcement**

The proceeding message from "Kendo" is classified as an involuntary reaction caused by brain malfunctions and anomalies created by the inhalation of vast amounts of LOPPYS DUST. The symptoms also include jealousy, envy and the utter ignorance of facts and or reality.

Persons contacted by or reading mindless rhetoric from Kendo during these episodes are strongly urged to move away quickly or to simply ignore his meaningless and often grotesque, mis-informed statements.

This public service announcement was brought to you by the association for Guys Who Ride Like Hell And Don’t Listen To Webpert Sheeple.

Thank you.

:finger:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm

regor wrote:From what i can tell, it's pretty much just like the polaris awd system
They are different. The CanAm is progressive locking (increasing as it needs to). The Polaris is instant, electrically locking.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 pm

Kendo wrote:OK, shall we analyze the statements made by Mr. Loppy.
Loppy wrote:A. The flopover was a stupid mistake by me not used to the machine.

This is a fairly true statement, since it was the very FIRST ride on the quad.
Loppy wrote:Trust me, it had nothing to do with the terrain......

So the shear vertical face you were attempting to back up had nothing to do with the roll??
Loppy wrote:B. I've done two very technical sections on it so far and it performed QUITE well.
Unless I am mistaken, the 'technical sections' you are referring to were the ones on the very first ride. You remember the first ride - the one when you flopped the quad on yourself, as mentioned in exhibit A.
Loppy wrote:...but I got used to it quickly.

OK, so you got used to the jumpiness of the throttle quickly, and you were impressed by how it performed on the 'technical sections' but yet you also stated that you flopped BECAUSE you weren't used to it. Please clarify, were you used to it or not?!?!?!?!?
Loppy wrote:I'm not a huge fan of rock crawling on quads anyway, so it's perfect for me.
Well, when we rode at Moonrocks you complained about the flat out high speed road riding we did as well. So I am wondering, exactly what kind of riding do you really enjoy doing??

Oh and as always my friend :finger: :lol: :wink:

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 am

Kendo wrote:Well, when we rode at Moonrocks you complained about the flat out high speed road riding we did as well. So I am wondering, exactly what kind of riding do you really enjoy doing??
Think this says it all..

D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

Loppy

Postby Loppy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:12 pm

I just saw these last two impotent posts. Fawk awf bothofya. Kendo has so much WRONG in his worthless rant to even bother responding to.

So, I pass wind in your general direction.

Shuddup and ride.

rockslayer
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby rockslayer » Sat May 10, 2008 11:54 am

ive had my 800 for almost a year, when you first ride it the power will make you feel like a kid at disney world. if you plan to ride on any hard terrain with rocks etc skid plates are a MUST, you WILL dent the crap out of your frame. in the rocks the visco lock works great or very badly, TOTALY depends on your driving style. if you drive like the competition rock crawlers do now a days where they use tons of momentum and go through an obsticale very quickly the visco lock works great. if your like the average joe rock crawler that likes to take it slow and watch his line the visco lock sucks, you need some wheel speed for it to lock up, which it doesnt do while going very slow. i like to haul a$$ and use my momentum so the visco works great for me! you can smoke stock yfz's all day, in the snow the machine is unmatched simply becuase of the power it has. perhaps the thundercat now since it has come out, but other then that it is hands down the best machine for snow out there. check your lug nuts after you get it home from the dealership, mine were loose apperantly and ended up wollowing out my rear right rim. any other questions you might have for an 800 outty owner feel free to ask