Camping at McKinney Rubicon Staging Area

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Camping at McKinney Rubicon Staging Area

Postby Kendo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 am

Anyone know if it's allowed?? I didn't think to look for signs when we were up there a couple of weeks ago. I would think, since you're allowed to park overnight, you should be able to do so with a camper - right?

Thinking about going up this weekend and I might just take the hauler up on Friday and spend the night. Otherwise, I'll just go up Saturday morning.

Ken
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:05 pm

I've never seen any signs.....Never seen anyone camp there...but that doesn't mean anything.

There's also a spot to park on the right, just before the old car wash bridge.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:45 pm

Well, to answer my own question and for future reference, you CANNOT camp at the staging area, there is a sign. You can camp off the "trail" within 100 feet of the road, just not in the staging area.

Now I'm not sure about the other parking areas before getting to the staging area, no signs there.

I think they're just trying to prevent people from taking up that much space for an extended period of time. That staging area is absolutely insane on the weekends. And it's packed with a bunch of stupid people that cannot seem to grasp the concept of leaving a drive thru area open for others.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 am

gracias.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/