Lost Coast in Nor Cal

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Lost Coast in Nor Cal

Postby Quadgoddess » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:22 pm

This place looks really nice...Anyone been riding here?

http://www.highway35.com/usal/

[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:42 pm

Yeah, I rode it just yesterday on my way to work. lol.... WTF...... Is it an ATV trail? I drove it in my car.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:29 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Yeah, I rode it just yesterday on my way to work. lol.... WTF...... Is it an ATV trail? I drove it in my car.....
I'm tracking your @$$!....lol...and no, it's a bike path.....gawd....lol :mrgreen:

I got this reply from another atv site it's kinda funny actually..."That is pot country it is full of tree huggers and growers that don't like strangers. I fish alot of steal head in the north coast and now some people up there they do not like city slickers or people exploring and or causing any disruption of the natural enviroment . They are TREE HUGGERS growers and unemployed loggers".

And another: The people are friendly enough...but you do get a vibe, like this is their land or that their protecting something. Usal Road is county property, and is legal to drive through and is about 15 miles long. Outstanding views! The beach at Usal Creek is beautiful, and there were a few 4x4 campers on the beach. Seems the beach is still owned by Georgia Pacific lumber co. Saw some nice sized Elk on the hillside there.

Found out that the signs warning about private prop and patrols is Wilderness Unlimited. They must have a lease from GP for the 11 miles on the east side of Usal Rd. I'm going to try to contact them for some info. My maps show roads and trails everywhere out there.
Last edited by Quadgoddess on Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:32 pm

That message is ACCURATE.

Take our Deliverance area....and multiply x 2.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:43 pm

I know that area pretty well. The Timber company i used to work for (Soper Wheeler Co.) owns on both sides of the road and all the way down to the beach. I can't remember how many acres they own but it's ALOT.. We worked over there every winter for three years marking and doing brush control. I atved or walked every square inch of the property. Beutiful country.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:45 pm

Also they lease there property to Wilderness Unlimited for hunting. So if your a member you can access all there property.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.