ok not to good at this computer thing

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

ok not to good at this computer thing

Postby roon101 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 am

ok can some one tell me please how to post the pictures on here i can't seem to figure it out i don't know alot about posting stuff online but lerning as much as i can

thanks to any one who can help

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:36 am

Roon,

You need to first upload your pictures to one of the photo sharing sites like PhotoBucket or SmugMug. Once up there, they will give you a URL for each picture like http://grizzlyguy.smugmug.com/photos/21 ... HEcD-M.jpg. Then you put that between the img tags, and your photo will show up. Like this:

Code: Select all

[/img]http://grizzlyguy.smugmug.com/photos/218808312_jHEcD-M.jpg[/img]

Put that text into your post and the picture shows up like this:

TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

thanks G,G

Postby roon101 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:57 pm

ok i will check it out i have never even herd of that site
i will half to check it out

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 pm

If you put your photo on Photobucket you can do it easy. Make sure the image size isn't too big. You can edit the size of the image on Photobucket. 640x480 is the size of my image here. After it is set, all you have to do is click on the words IMG Code below the photo. You should see a little tag that says copied. Then go to ATV Obsession and in the window for your post you press "control V" or paste and that will put the link to the photo in. You don't need to worry about using the image tags. Just paste it in. Preview the post and you should see a copy of the photo.

05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

thanks trail dad

Postby roon101 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:42 pm

thank you for the info hope to have my pics on the site soon the trailer thing work out pretty good i always woundered how that would be if would make to limited on the trail or better be cause the waigjht ok i can't spell it but you know what i mean

my wife and i want to do camp and rides but iam trying to find the best way to do it

any idea's let me know

hellcat650

Postby hellcat650 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:16 am

traildad wrote:If you put your photo on Photobucket you can do it easy. Make sure the image size isn't too big. You can edit the size of the image on Photobucket. 640x480 is the size of my image here. After it is set, all you have to do is click on the words IMG Code below the photo. You should see a little tag that says copied. Then go to ATV Obsession and in the window for your post you press "control V" or paste and that will put the link to the photo in. You don't need to worry about using the image tags. Just paste it in. Preview the post and you should see a copy of the photo.

Trail dad. Details on trailer?

traildad

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:30 pm

hellcat650 wrote: Trail dad. Details on trailer?
I got the trailer at Harbor Freight.
They are $200 and have 12 inch wheels and 1000 lb capacity. They are 52 inches wide. I cut mine down so it is exactly as wide as my quad. It weighs about 150 lbs empty. I haven't figured out what the total weight will be yet. I would like to keep it at no more than half the tow rating of my quad. It comes with tail lights so I spliced a plug into my quad and put one brake light on the back of the trailer. I added the part in back to help keep the load in place. I took a test ride with some firewood on it.
I plan to do a camping trip in two weeks. As you may notice in the other photo there is a folding table and the big black thing is my wife's tent cot. We will add some soft bags on top of the load with clothes and tents and our chairs. The rest of our stuff goes on the quads. We just got a Coleman Grill Stove. We can grill burgers and cook beans in a pot at the same time. No greasy frying pan to clean. We are on the look out for places that are suited to this kind of riding. We need a safe place to leave the truck while we ride for at least a couple of days. Trails that aren't too extreme for the trailer, and a nice place to camp. Does anyone have any suggestions?

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Does anyone have any suggestion?
I like the high desert.

I have been atv camping a few times, it's a great way to get out.

I think the Piute atv trail in Utah would be cool you could ridw from town to town and camp along the way.
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

traildad

Re: thanks trail dad

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:17 pm

roon101 wrote: my wife and i want to do camp and rides but iam trying to find the best way to do it

any idea's let me know
Have you been up to Fouts Springs in Mendocino Forest? You can camp there with a RV or a tent. The tent camping isn't great. You can ride right out of camp into the National Forest. If you want to camp from your quad it is a different deal. We camped one time without any trailer. You have to limit what you can take and even then the quads were piled high. We have camped once before with a trailer. We left our truck in a campground in Washington CA. We rode into the forest at night over to Meadow Lake. It was a great ride. We set up camp in the campground at Meadow Lake. We could have just driven our truck to the campground but this was more fun. That trailer did not work out. The bearings were not meant for speeds over 5mph. Check out the Intrepid Explorers forum. There is lots of info about camping from quads.

http://intrepidexplorers.org/forum/index.php

A photo of my first trailer.

traildad

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

DAVE wrote:I think the Piute atv trail in Utah would be cool you could ridw from town to town and camp along the way.
Yes, Our dream. We are going to Utah at the end of June. We signed up for the National Jamboree. We wanted to ride the trails for a couple weeks but it is too early in the year. It seems that most of the high passes will still be blocked by snow. We couldn't count on being able to ride very far without having to turn back and trailer to a different riding area. We are going to do the Jamboree camp out and maybe take off for a couple days on our own at the end.
I like the high desert.
Any staging areas or trails to ride?

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:37 pm

That is a nice trailer. I would love to go quad camping sometime but knowing how I am I would need several trailers :D
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

traildad

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:47 pm

FishaHallic wrote:That is a nice trailer. I would love to go quad camping sometime but knowing how I am I would need several trailers :D
Well you can always make one like this guy. You can read about it at ATVUtah forum.

http://www.atvutah.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya ... 1202498019

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:58 pm

traildad wrote:
FishaHallic wrote:That is a nice trailer. I would love to go quad camping sometime but knowing how I am I would need several trailers :D
Well you can always make one like this guy. You can read about it at ATVUtah forum.

http://www.atvutah.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya ... 1202498019

wow thats a nice looking trailer.......it looks like it my be a bit tippy in the tent portion.
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

traildad

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:10 pm

DAVE wrote: wow thats a nice looking trailer.......it looks like it my be a bit tippy in the tent portion.
It has some braces that he puts down to stabilize it. Still I think I might want some guy wires on it if there was much wind. :shock:

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:36 pm

Thats a whole lotta trailer. I like it though.