TNF FR-33 and FR-16

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

TNF FR-33 and FR-16

Postby hemingray » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:57 pm

Well, nothing to report on these two. Both of them are off FR-96, Mosquito Ridge Rd. The 33 road is pretty boring, and turns to pavement about mile 8. Fr-16 - the Spruce Creek loop - is pretty much the same, except for one spur that has a nice view of the Middle Fork American canyon. There was so much bear scat around, I expected a bear to pop up at any moment, so after admiring the view I got out of there. You can't make a loop out of it, so it's an out and back trip anyway.

The 44 road is paved also, so no joy there either. If you want to explore this area, the best bet is to use 43 (between FT-96 and Robinson Flat) and 44 (Cavenah Ridge) to access things.

I forgot the camera, but would have only taken one picture, believe it or not!

Sidenote - if you've never visited the Placer Grove of Giant Sequoias, it's definitely worth a visit and hike. The trees are magnificent. It's about 25 miles from Foresthill. (I didn't stop there today)

Another sidenote: Coming out, I went via French Meadows and ENF FR-2 to Wentworth Springs Rd. EHF was doing speed enforcement west of there, they had two bikes stopped. And, in honor of Hot August Nights in Reno ending, CHP had 14 - yes, 14! units doing speed enforcement at Clipper Gap and I-80 using the airplane and LIDAR. It was pretty sporty.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS