Rode Sardine Pk and Babbitt Pk today 7 Jul 13

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

silvertip
Is tracking a shipment right now

Rode Sardine Pk and Babbitt Pk today 7 Jul 13

Postby silvertip » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Had a good ride out of LTS to Babbitt Pk area. We logged in around 60+ miles. It is getting dusty out there even with the rain they had last week. Made the loop around above Loyaton. We had two new rides out there today. And I couldn't find anything to scrach they on all day :( Stopped @ Babbitt lookout to visit with the fire lady and eat our lunch. Over all a very good ride with good friend. (all of them I snowmobile with)
A few Pic. from today
http://silvertip.smugmug.com/photos/swf ... Key=Jbm3J2

Joeyy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Re: Rode Sardine Pk and Babbitt Pk today 7 Jul 13

Postby Joeyy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:47 pm

Wow, I havnt ventured much north of Stampede. Guess I have many more miles in my future. Great phots. Thank you very much for sharing you ride with us.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Definitely a great area - you can put a lot of miles on from LTS!

Nice shots, thanks!
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Rubicon_Rider

Postby Rubicon_Rider » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:33 pm

I would like to ride this area, it looks like there is some great scenery. Is this a up and back trail or is it a loop? Is there a place to stage and spend the night in a toyhauler?
2006 Honda Rubicon w/HMF Penland pipe
2012 2500 Ram Laramie w/Cummin 6.7L
2010 Attitude Toy hauler
2014 Razor 1000XPS
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Best place I know of to stage with a toy hauler is at the end of Hirschale Rd just past Truckee. You take the Hirschdale exit, turn left and just follow that road (it turns into Boca Rd) to where it "T's". That T is Henness Pass and from there you can ride just about anywhere. If you turn right on Henness Pass and drive about 100 yards you will see a dirt road that goes thru the trees and has multiple camping spots big enough to get a pretty good sized toy hauler in. Camping is free but you will need a campfire permit if you want to use a gas grill or other flame type appliances outside.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:54 pm

Hey there RR!

It's a huge area, lots of fun to ride. Bear Valley OHV has a campground - just go north from Little Truckee Summit.GrizzlyGuy and I did this area from LTS: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4331 I don't know what the campground offers, but there is one at the Bear Valley OHV. Can't imagine not having spots suitable for toy Haulers! The area Kendo described also has a lot, from what I can see. Everything connects out there - you could ride all the way from there to Bowman Lake!

From LTS, the OHV area has lots of cool riding and you can go quite a ways out. Badenaugh Canyon is a cool ride, but you can't loop over to Bear Valley Road or Antelope Valley Road because of pavement [-X on Smithneck Road. But the main area around Sardine (the lookout is a rentable lookout, I believe) and Babbit etc. is quite accessible. You could also shoot back over to LTS and ride Treasure Mtn Rd from there too (beware - some of the roads on that side are Level I, like to Yuba Pass). There's a way to connect to the Meadow Lake area by crossing the FR-07 road near Webber Lake).
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Rubicon_Rider

Postby Rubicon_Rider » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Sounds like a good place to check out. I haven't been able to ride lately too many kids activities like swim, now soccer and football.
2006 Honda Rubicon w/HMF Penland pipe
2012 2500 Ram Laramie w/Cummin 6.7L
2010 Attitude Toy hauler
2014 Razor 1000XPS
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe