Smoky ride

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Smoky ride

Postby hemingray » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Hoped to get a glimpse of some firefighting from Big Valley Bluff since the American fire has slopped over Whiskey Hill across Foresthill Road. Despite clearer air east of Cisco Butte, the North Fork Canyon was socked in. The smoke wasn't so bad to not ride, so I poked around on some roads I haven't seen in awhile.

I discovered FR-19 got a makeover - best it's been since I started riding it in 2007. From Lake Valley Reservoir up to the Big Valley cross road they've graded and fixed the drainage along the way. Bad thing is that it's as dusty as any road I've ridden. Oh well. Looks like some prep for logging. The outfit is the same as the one that fixed up Bowman Lake Road on the lower section.

Click the pic for a gallery...

Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

silvertip
Is tracking a shipment right now

Re: Smoky ride

Postby silvertip » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:56 am

Nice Pic. as always!!!! They are already logging out Sugar Pine Point out past Pelham Flat. I think their make the rd. from Mears Mdw Rd go through to just above Big Valley Bluff Lookout rd so SPI dose not have to pay rd fee for hauling on the black top out the Texas Hill Rd.

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

great pics dave! :D
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 pm

silvertip wrote:Nice Pic. as always!!!! They are already logging out Sugar Pine Point out past Pelham Flat. I think their make the rd. from Mears Mdw Rd go through to just above Big Valley Bluff Lookout rd so SPI dose not have to pay rd fee for hauling on the black top out the Texas Hill Rd.
Not to mention bringing a logging rig down that road!

Thanks for the compliments guys - bad picture day though.

I didn't go over to Sugar Pine Point, but I did notice the improved road past Huysink Lake. I was surprised they fixed up the road and two landings above Monumental Creek, it doesn't seem like a lot of logs to be had. I have to say, I did daydream about having that big Cat dozer run down from the 19 into Big Valley and up the other side, but on the other hand, that's kind of a cool "wilderness" ride.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS