Celina Ridge without a camera

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Celina Ridge without a camera

Postby hemingray » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Well, forgot the camera again - probably because I decided to take the blue Grizz out for a ride and switched all the gear over and didn't do my checklist. At least I remembered the GPS!

Anyway, rode from Bowman Road over to Celina Ridge (which separates Canyon Creek and Bowman area from the road down to Washington) because I didn't have the camera and didn't expect many pictures in that area. Aside from lots of logging roads that have reopened some roads or created some new ones, I took a little trip part way down Washington Rd (a.k.a. FR-21) to Gaston Mine Road. Did anyone go down it on the Miyagi weekend? It's a steep trip about 2 miles down, about 800 vertical feet and is a fun descent to creek level (Poorman Creek) in an incredibly green canyon. I decided I better get pix with the phone camera (it's a miserable BlackBerry), just because it was so cool. It's a true "jeep road" and is in a really steep canyon, sometimes carved out of the rock wall. Made my day (but wish I had the camera for some good pictures!)

Click the pic for a small gallery.

Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: Celina Ridge without a camera

Postby EigerMike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:42 pm

very nice ! cool spot :D
South Side Keeper