Off to Bowman

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Off to Bowman

Postby hemingray » Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Time to run the Wolverine around the Bowman area, still doing the break-in. What a mob scene. Looks like Grouse and Lindsey and Carr were still not accessible since there was a distinct lack of cars around the access roads. No shortage of people out around Bowman though - the campsites were mobbed. Even the side roads above had people embedded. The 76 road was blocked by snow and Meadow Lake Road was mostly blocked 2/3 of the way to Tollhouse Lake. Oh well! Nice with so much water running all over as the snow is melting.

By the way, it seems like the county (or someone) graded Bowman Lake Road - much improved. A little smoother in the Wolverine, but still - I notice a lot of the problem spots are improved, especially from Jackson Creek Campground on up. Must have done that last season, I didn't get out much! Frikkin' Subies and Land Rovers and even a Mustang cruising down - the standard has gone up. The gateway for boat is improved, there's some fancy stuff getting up there now instead of the usual little aluminum boats and beater trailers. Can't wait for the rutting to get back to normal! :-)

Spring along Bowman Lake Road.

Bowman Lake is spilling at the spillway, creating a torrent in the usually dry section.

Jackson Creek Falls

Below Jackson Creek Falls

Rock Phlox

Seasonal runoff, this will be dry in a month or so

The splash at little French Creek is flowing well.

English Mountain, northwest side

High up view of the waste dam at Bowman, spillway is flowing.

Looking back at Fall Creek Mountain from Graniteville Road

Looking back at Bowman Lake

Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

EigerMike

Re: Off to Bowman

Postby EigerMike » Tue May 31, 2016 5:26 pm

awesome dave looks great with water and snow!!!!!!! not all the dust we are used to in sept!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Tue May 31, 2016 5:30 pm

awesome dave looks great with water and snow!!!!!!! not all the dust we are used to in sept!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Ben10
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Ben10 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Seeing that makes me want a wolverine really bad. So if I want the toughest terrain around bowman where do I go? I know a few spots on the other side by Cisco and fordyce but I'm looking for something close to faucherie, sawmill and bowman.

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 pm

I always thought Bowman Road itself was the toughest terrain! But it's been improved a lot.

There's the Fordyce from the upper side (access from Meadow Lake), but you will have to ride to Meadow Lake. Based on the snow I saw last weekend (thick drifts, in broad sunny areas) I'm guessing it will be still blocked above Tollhouse Lake for awhile.

There really isn't much rocky stuff that I can think of in that area. If you want plain challenging, you can find your way up English Mountain!
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ben10

Postby Ben10 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:46 am

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. Might try to Billy goat up some mountains. I know there used to be a trail from east of sawmill that went up to the faucherie waterfalls. Gonna see if I can get to them on the quad.

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:43 pm

ben u are not even suposed to be on the road that goes to faucherie !!!!!!! and i know what trail u mean from the dam think its a shame that they closed this lake off to us!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Ben10

Postby Ben10 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Really?! That dirt road isn't open to ohv? That sucks. Well I'll ride it till I get in trouble. I thought all that was open to ohv stuff.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:37 pm

EigerMike wrote:ben u are not even suposed to be on the road that goes to faucherie !!!!!!! and i know what trail u mean from the dam think its a shame that they closed this lake off to us!

Really? I've been on that dirt road a ton....WTH
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/