For the photo geeks

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

For the photo geeks

Postby d2photo » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:23 am

While I was out in Mina this past weekend, I decided to dig into my large bag of mounts to see what would work for static mounting a cam for video/still shots on the racks.

This is one of my favs, due to the ability to mount VERY securely on almost anything. works really well on anything round.

It comes with the screws for the 2 standard sizes to mount basically any camera. Problem I am having though is the vibration issue.

Looking for a way to dampen the mount.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Marshmellows...
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

TimberRider
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby TimberRider » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I found a great mount called a monopod. It will hold a camera, cam corder, spotting score ect.. I use it on my quad for my helmet cam. www.Allriteproducts.Com
Their site might be down but it should be up shortly. It's a great product and you can mount it on your handle bars or rack. It also has adjustments so you can point it in any direction. Here is their toll free number: 1-800-771-8471 ask for Travis. The product is called: ATV Seefari Monopod. They also sell on ebay which is where I first learned about the company. They carry some unusual products for atv's and utv's.
Ride Often & Ride Safe Wear A Helmet
2007 Suzuki Vinson 500
www.valleyatvclub.org
Co Founder & Current President