headlight modification kit

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

ash2042
Is tracking a shipment right now

headlight modification kit

Postby ash2042 » Wed May 26, 2004 5:22 am

I just added a headlight modification kit to my 500ho. On high beam all three lights will work, on low only the two lower lights work. This was a great and easy upgrade for 13.00. My next gadget will be the reverse override system. I will let everyone how it goes.
04.5 Sportsman 500 HO
Warn 2.5 winch

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed May 26, 2004 4:29 pm

That's big mystery why Polaris is like that. High beam with just that mono light that moves with the handle bars, is not very effective.

Terry, Jack, myself and my wife...all have that kit from Montana Jacks to override it.

Where did you get the reverse override?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ash2042
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ash2042 » Wed May 26, 2004 6:43 pm

The reverse override is not a kit. It is just directions on how to do it and the parts you need. It is very detailed and with a trip to radio shack and 10.00 it should only take a half hour. You just have to buy a relay from radio shack. I don't know if it works for the 700 i haven't read all the instructions. I you want I can fax you the the same paper I have. I did not make these instructions they came with my headlight modification kit.
Just leave me your fax number if you want it.
04.5 Sportsman 500 HO
Warn 2.5 winch

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu May 27, 2004 9:05 pm

I don't have a fax machine....but we're buying one for at home shortly. I'll drop you a note.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Mon May 31, 2004 4:45 pm

I have that headlight mod...sweet is all I can say...cruising around a forest at night with all 3 is nice. when I swicthed to just the 2 front ones...it was a huge difference!

it will work with a 700.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:22 pm

Dude... You don't have a fax machine? WTF - you've got every other conceivable gaget there is... Your as bad as "Gadget Spice" of the Spice girls aka:Jack....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:03 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Dude... You don't have a fax machine? WTF - you've got every other conceivable gaget there is... Your as bad as "Gadget Spice" of the Spice girls aka:Jack....

Sorry....I slipped quietly out of the 80's, and into the 2000's.

I may not have a fax machine...but I have 6 email accounts.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:30 pm

lol.... good one.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Use a virtual Fax

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:22 am

Ken wrote:I don't have a fax machine....but we're buying one for at home shortly. I'll drop you a note.

You can use your access line as a fax machine if you want Ken. I know that I do. I also do not have a fax. . . just another electronics thing to take up room in my room and I wold rather have 4 computers and a digital camera in my room. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"