Can anyone recommend...

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: are the plastic skidplate any good?

Postby MrBill » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 am

dscsteel wrote:are the plastic skidplate any good? I also have the catch plate attached for the glacier plow, I guess that will need to come off or be modified?
I like the plastic because of the price.
I run the glacier plow also.
No mods were needed to the skid plate for install of the catch plate. I mostly run with out the catch plate for the plow. I only run the plow for moving dirt around the yard and just last week I got to plow snow. Works great for snow.
I never run the catch plate rock crawling.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:35 am

rangertom wrote:
Chadd wrote: front a arm gaurds
2874338-067 black
2874338-317 silver
Are these guards just for the underside of the a-arms, or do they also replace the plastic POS's that cover the front?

Thanks chadd...

BTW...I understand Polaris just came out w/a patch kit for the weak harness portion connecting to the T-BAP sensor...have you seen it?
I know the rear plastics go up in the rear and in the front. I have not seen the fronts.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

dscsteel
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

BTW...I understand Polaris just came out w/a patch kit for t

Postby dscsteel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:30 am

i think i'll look into the plastics first, cant be beat for the price and if they suck i'll toss-em and go aluminum. I got to use the plow for the firs time a few weeks back and i love it, works great. Any other cool mods you can recommend please let me know.

thanks Dave
05 500 HO Polaris Sportsman, ITP 589 M/S tires, Aluminum ITP rims, warn 2500 winch, Garman nav. Glacier plow system, front & rear brush guards, heated handgrips, hand protectors, custom external twin 2gal. Tank/Chainsaw holder, 55w tru white light kit

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:02 pm

I think the plastic are totally fine if you're not rock crawling.

Otherwise, the "good deal" of Plastic...in reality is a lot more over time, cause you have to keep replacing it and realistically, doesn't offer the same protection.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

rangertom
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby rangertom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:45 pm

Well, I don't know what I hit, but I've certainly busted one of mine. My Bro-in-law tore a CV boot about 6 months back...I'm not to keen on replacing one of those after changing out his blown strut. I don't think that'd be all that much fun. I'd rather just protect it.
05 Magnum 330 4WD (wife's)
04 Sportsman 700 EFI (mine)
02 TRX90 (daughter's) (for sale to buy my daughter a Sportsman 90)