Polaris EFI System - Opinion

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Polaris EFI System - Opinion

Postby Ken » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:54 pm

As many Polaris owners are FULLY aware, Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) came out in 2004.5 models for the 700 Twin. In 2005, it is now on the 700 and the 800.

None of us in ATV obsession own an EFI right now. Last year when they were introduced, I talked to the owner of my local dealer and he decided to not even carry EFI. He figured he would have tons of call backs and repair bulletins to deal with, so he didn't even want to bother.

A few weeks ago I talked to him about, and he said he was banging his head on the floor for not carrying them. He said since introduction, there has been no issues and no repair bulletins. DOH!

Well, my friend Fred owns 2 large dealerships in Michigan. http://www.grovesmotorsports.com One of the dealerships handles Polaris. So when he was out in California a couple weeks ago, I asked him about his experience with EFI. He said you know, I primarily deal with my largest building and I don't have Polaris there....he said...find out who makes the EFI for Polaris and I'll talk to my manager. Well I found out Bosch makes the EFI for Polaris.

Here's what Fred said:

hey ken whats up. i checked with my partner and he said hes not had any problems that he can recall with the efi. i feel better that its from bosch because its been around for a while and not something new that polaris just designed and needs to get the bugs worked out.

So, while this is not scientific by any stretch....that's 2 dealerships and proven EFI technology. Based on those factors, I personally now have no reservations about making the plunge.

Now...I need the $$$$
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:35 pm

heres a review of sorts...very positive..

http://www.atving.com/atvconnection/Fea ... Lineup.cfm

I was at my dealer a few weeks ago, and they had a red 700 EFI, Dale Jr. edition...was rather sweet....if i could afford an 05', i'd get one in a minute!
they make the 04's look small! it LOOKS way wider and taller, and solid. The headlight is bigger, and the front now has a storage bin and some new interlocking system on both racks for accessories..

And with the new suspension, I am suprised ya'll havent got them yet!
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:16 pm

They're just coming out on the west coast.... Ken, can you loan me $8500. over 10 years with .0 interest? We're friends right?
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:47 am

Git in line....
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

wibornz
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby wibornz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:59 am

Hi guys new to the forum today. I have the 700efi. I have 900 hard miles on it. No problems at all. Not even a hicup. Very sweet machine. Powerful, smooth and fast. It will pull wheelies in reverse hehehe. It is nicknamed the hehehe machine, because everytime you ride it you end up saying "hehehe"

Water over the racks, jumps 6 feet into the air, wheelies with ease, and will pull way more weight than it can safely stop. What else would you want in a ute atv? Fast enough to keep up with many sport quads on the trail. and will sling the mud and rides smooth.
Very cool.

Hey I don't live far from Groves Motorsports if your talking about the one in Mason.
All the way out
hehehe machine 700 efi with stuff to make you go hehehe
sp500 yes just over 10,000miles
325 magnum FREEDOM edition
400ex some stuff
400ex with stuff!
lots of gas cans and wife that rocks and kids that are fast.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:52 am

RIDE HONDA
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:05 pm

wibornz wrote:Hi guys new to the forum today. I have the 700efi. I have 900 hard miles on it. No problems at all. Not even a hicup. Very sweet machine. Powerful, smooth and fast. It will pull wheelies in reverse hehehe. It is nicknamed the hehehe machine, because everytime you ride it you end up saying "hehehe"

Water over the racks, jumps 6 feet into the air, wheelies with ease, and will pull way more weight than it can safely stop. What else would you want in a ute atv? Fast enough to keep up with many sport quads on the trail. and will sling the mud and rides smooth.
Very cool.

Hey I don't live far from Groves Motorsports if your talking about the one in Mason.

Hey...Thanks for joining and let us know....Don't mind Dusty...he has buyer's remorse with his Honda.

You said...Water over the racks? Where is the air intake?

Yes...Fred's dealership is in Mason...Cedar street, I think. If you see Fred...Tell him Ken and Miren said hello...he'll be blown away.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:57 am

I would almost be more afraid with the EFI to get water up over the racks as if there is any leaks yo uare sucking some serious water up into the valves.

I still want to see this bad boy perform. . . any one want to donate me the 7 grand to go out nad beat the living crap out of this new ride?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:04 am

want to donate me the 7 grand
First off, I'd like to say you talk like a guy from Chico. Secondly, seven grand?

With bumpers, tool box, winch, taxes, set-up and labor for the extras....

Try $9,942. out the door.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:17 am

DANG MO FO, that is a ton of money, that is almost a down payment on a home in FLorida
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:38 pm

Honda_man wrote:DANG MO FO, that is a ton of money, that is almost a down payment on a home in FLorida

At least the ATV will be around after Hurricane season.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:37 pm

ouch
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

wibornz
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby wibornz » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:05 pm

I don't know where you guys shop, but my 700 efi was 7100 out the door with 2.5 warn winch and front double tube bumper installed.

The machine rocks.

the 700 EFI hehe machine in action
All the way out
hehehe machine 700 efi with stuff to make you go hehehe
sp500 yes just over 10,000miles
325 magnum FREEDOM edition
400ex some stuff
400ex with stuff!
lots of gas cans and wife that rocks and kids that are fast.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:52 pm

2005? Those are 2004 prices around Sac.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:04 am

Wow, I'll buy one there have it shipped and still save.... a ton of $$.