Polaris Hawkeye Manual Download??

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Polaris Hawkeye Manual Download??

Postby ACLakey » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:23 pm

Anybody know where I can download the service manual for the Polaris Hawkeye? Thanks.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:18 am

I never found it online, but I did buy one. Came with a CD as well. Shoot me a PM and we can figure something out.

Ken
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:22 am

Another thing, I read up on a lot of "upgrades" for the Hawkeye and just finished doing them 2 nights ago.

I replaced the stock jet with a dynojet kit and a 136 jet, drilled the slide and changed the clutch rollers to lighter 12 gram ones. Really woke it up! The clutch rollers, by far, were the best upgrade, and from what I have read, you can accomplish the same thing by just removing two of the stockers. You have to remove ones that are directly across from one another, to maintain the balance.

The jet kit helped mainly with starting. It fires right up now! We have not run it at altitude yet, that'll be in a couple days on the Miyagi ride. I'll let you know.

Do the clutch rollers though, you'll be amazed!
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 am

Thanks for the tips, I will pass that along to my pops. Tried to talk him into a sportsman, but he fell in love with the Hawkeye and bought one. It is an impressive little quad and has hauled my big butt around with out any problems. We did however run into an issue around 8000' where it was powering out, likley due to the jetteing. The dealer said it was jetted for our altitude around 4200', but I am not buying it. I will tell him about the jet kit and slide mod. Did that give you more low end? Where did you get the lighter wieghts? Dad is a mechanic and would likley replace all as apposed to removing two. Thanks for the info.

Please take as many pics of the Hawkeye on the ride as you can...if you don't mind. Dad is really interested in what this quad can do, but is hesitatn....he is learning. :D

Can you send me a link on the mods, we would be interested.

I may have to buy one of these for the wife, I made the mistake of letting her ride it and with her smaller frame she fell in love.

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:45 am

A few pics from the first ride. He rides with a brain bucket now.