TM2 AUXILLARY BATTERY KIT FOR SPORTSMANS

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

TM2
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

TM2 AUXILLARY BATTERY KIT FOR SPORTSMANS

Postby TM2 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:11 am

We have just released for production an auxiliary battery kit for Polaris Sportsmans (not X2's).

This kit includes a battery box, jumper solenoid, LED toggle (mounted in the headlight pod) and all the necessary hardware and wire harness's to bolt up to your Sportsman.

For all of you that have 600/700/800 Sportsmans know that when/if your battery goes dead on your Sportsman your dead in the water unless you happen to have a buddy with and a set of jumper cables and another vehicle with a good battery. I know this because my son left the key on in our 800 Sportsman while we were deer hunting this last season (three miles from any where!) and we came back to a dead battery. So we took a nice little walk back to camp the whole time cussing at my son (joking)! I then immediately went back to our business and started development on a kit that allowed an extra battery and a "jumper" toggle switch.

This isn't just a kit that holds an extra battery, it has an LED lit switch by the speedometer letting you know that the Auxiliary battery is active and ready. In this position the quad can be started even with a battery that went dead. Also in this position the auxiliary battery will charge while the quad is running. Typically you would have the switch in the off position and the battery will hold its charge much like a battery sitting on the shelf. Then if your battery ever goes dead, simply switch the toggle to on and away you go!

The wiring for a kit like this is not as simple as you may think, so if you think you are just purchasing a battery mount and a couple wires you are incorrect. Because we are jumping a major current carrier there needs to be a solenoid switch and the appropriate wiring (and protection).

The battery mounts to the upper two rear a-arm mounts and the rear frame. The battery is nicely tucked underneath the storage compartment. And is compatible with our rear suspension lock out kits (I will post pictures soon).

We are not selling the kit with the battery because everyone has their own opinion on batteries and we didn't want to force anyone into buying a battery they didn't want. We do offer them separately ranging in price from $35-$75 (depending on the type and brand of battery). The kit was designed around a YB14A-A2 battery. This is one of the most commonly stocked batteries anywhere, but others will fit.

I don't believe that this kit will make it into any of our distributor’s catalogs for 2008 simply because of timing but you can purchase them directly from us at TM2.

Thanks.
ATV ACCESSORY PRODUCT DESIGN AND MANUFACTURER. FUNCTIONAL AND CLEVER PRODUCTS THAT GO TO WORK FOR YOU!

tm2 Corporation
8823 Zealand Ave. Suite J
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445

763-315-0200
763-315-0085 FAX

todd@t-m-2.com
www.t-m-2.com