sp 800 fuel pressure reg

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

extreme atv rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

sp 800 fuel pressure reg

Postby extreme atv rider » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm

hi all ok got 800 back together after all this time and now it runs but i have to keep it around 2700 rpm to keep it running. doing this is making the head pipe glow red you can see in daylight so it's getting real hot, i'm pretty sure like a car engine this means it's running lean . i do know the fuel reg is leaking (won't seal in it's little basket) i had to take the fuel pump assembly apart to on stick fuel pump and get all the residue out in doing so i broke one of the little tabs that hold reg. so does any one know where i can get just the fuel reg basket ? i've looked here and there all i can find is the whole pump assembly which aren't cheap.
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Someone else one here was trying to the same thing with an EFI 500, but wanted just the pump. Apparently Polaris thinks it has something special with those things and will only let you order the whole damn thing.

I'd try eBay or maybe just fixing that one. I've never put one in my hands, but is it something that would be weldable or maybe even epoxy-able?? They do make epoxies that are chemical/gasoline resistant.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

extreme atv rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby extreme atv rider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:31 am

the basket the reg sits in is only like 1 1/2 round and i did think of welding but there some cheaply made there's not enough material where i need it the the three tabs that hold the reg in place are maybe 1/8 inch wide it's crappy design i tried zip ties but i can't get them tight enough to seal so i'm sure i'm losing pressure to injectors making it run lean. i was thinking to just take whole reg out and just replace with straight hose but not sure how hard it will be on pump not being able to release extra pressure any body try this?
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,