New Front Springs

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Gregg
Just opened an account at Cabelas

New Front Springs

Postby Gregg » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:24 pm

I put in the 700/800 front springs in my 05 500HO last night. They made exactly the difference I was looking for. They lifted the front end up 1-1/2 inches which brought it back to its approximate level prior to adding the accessories and flat gas can. The red color looks nice too.

I rode around the block and over some curbs and they seem a bit stiffer which is good because it would bottom out occasionally with the stock springs. All in all a recommended addition
Later............Gregg

2005 Polaris Sportsman.
2002 Polaris Trailboss
2004 Suzuki Ozark
BMW R-1150 GS
27' Allegro class A
A Couple of Trailers
A few Fords

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:32 pm

Interestingly, cool. I bet that looks cool with Red.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby RobG » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:38 am

A friend here in town has an 04 SP400... he's replaced all the springs with the Highlifter higher-rate springs. I've only ridden it with just the fronts replaced, and the front felt very good and the rear felt very soft.

I'm glad to hear that the 05s have higher rate springs.. but it appears if I get a 500, I'll have to still put new springs on it. Ugh. 'Course if I get a 700, will I need even higher rate ones? Dunno. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)

My Grizzly has Works Performance shocks on it, and they're fantastic. The 02 Grizzlies had pretty lame springs and shock valving, which made them VERY prone to tipping... I've had mine on its side at least 3-4 times because of it. But the new shocks/springs have made a world of difference. Plus they still have preload adjustments, but you have to have a spring compressor to change it. They also have a rate-adjustment lever (called ARS) which really just limits the actual travel of the spring and shock. It's still slick and can be very useful if you're really loaded and are in majorly off-camber situations.

While I love those shocks, I'm still reeling from the $700 they cost (for all four). I sure don't want to have to do that to another quad.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

Gregg
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Gregg » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:00 pm

It seems that whichever quad we purchase, it will not be exactly what we want. One of the reasons I chose the 2005 Polaris was due to the PXT tires. On everything else I looked at, I would have changed the tires almost immediately (and probably the springs considering all the extra weight I placed on the front end). The 700/800 front springs were pretty inexpensive (about $85 delivered) and simple to install. I am very satisfied with the performance of the quad, I just am having a problem dealing with the idle engine knock, rattles, and the general feeling I get that quality is not up to the standards of the Jap bikes.
Later............Gregg

2005 Polaris Sportsman.
2002 Polaris Trailboss
2004 Suzuki Ozark
BMW R-1150 GS
27' Allegro class A
A Couple of Trailers
A few Fords

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:46 pm

I just did this today on my 03 600, it looks like I put on the 05 700/8-- struts/hub assembelies on. but with the taller strut, my CV boot is rubbing a little, and while installing,the cv joint is doing some serious bending to get down there. it seperated the joint, put it back together, put it on again, tested drove it and the cv came out again inside the boot, and appears the one is about to as well...

also looks like the front wheels are kicked in a little on the bottoms.

suggestions?
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:02 pm

suggestions?
Click your heels three times...... lol. Hey, I thought you were moving to CA? If you were here, we could work on your POS together.... j/k.

Which reminds me, I need to work on my POS..... :)
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:50 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
suggestions?
Click your heels three times...... lol. Hey, I thought you were moving to CA? If you were here, we could work on your POS together.... j/k.

Which reminds me, I need to work on my POS..... :)
I did a lot of work today on the beast, new plugs, changed rear hub bearings, rebuilt starter, swapped in new cv joint, new rear propshaft (had to move the gearbox), and the problems i ran into above.

things change, really change. divorced, moved twice,got a new woman, and she's pregnant....so it put moving to CA on hold.... she used to live out there in Morrow Bay, she'd love to live back out there.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:50 am

and she's pregnant....
Wasn't Ken out there recently....... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.