The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:18 am

Ken wrote:
wellzy wrote:
Ken wrote:Wow...must be really awesome.
not really there is a catch, if you break it you pay for it. the only way it would be covered is if it was road legal and insured on my insurance. :shock:
Sorry...I should have quoted. I was referring to him giving up his quad to get an XP.
I have ridden many different machines and I can honestly say that the new 850 is the best machine I have every been on. You have to look long and hard to find something that you don't care for about the setup. If I was to purchase a new machine today, there is no doubt in my mind which one I would pick.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Well, after riding the 550 that belongs to Ken's cousin this weekend, I have to say, I will opt for the 850 if and when the time comes. Sure, it PROBABLY will do everything I need or want it to, but after owning the 700 twin and having that nice off the line punch, going to a single cylinder machine just ain't gonna cut it.

My first impression of the XP - I LOVE those oversized footwells and the narrowed seat!! That alone would convince me to buy one. I didn't ride it over any trail stuff, but the part I did ride it seemed pretty cush compared to mine. Then again, I have HD springs adjusted all the way in too. I would think after a while that cush ride would start to sag out.

The ADC (active descent control) is key. The wife's '08 500 has that too, and lemme tell you, going down some of that chit on Cadillac Hill would have been much nicer with that on board.

Not too much I didn't like about what I saw. Styling is nicely updated and I like the fact they have gotten rid of the struts up front and moved to coilover shocks. Definitely more options out there for upgraded suspension now. Tube frame is good - ROUND tube! It never got hot, I don't think I heard the fan run all day long. Radiator is nice and high too.

Nice bike, now where to scrape up $9000 for one.........
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Very accurate kendo.

Funny...i forgot about the fan...but now that you mention it....I never heard it either and mine came on while riding.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/