OEM Replacement Parts

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

OEM Replacement Parts

Postby ToddW » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

What was that site that sold the OEM parts because they were stripping down the Sportsman's to make go-carts or something?

I need a handful of OEM body parts.

-Todd

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Year too late. out of business.

it was ridgerunner.biz
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Darn, should have broken stuff sooner :shock:

Any idea where else to get parts cheap?

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:31 pm

I need 9, 7, 4, 6, 8 and I think the rest I can salvage off the broken ones... But the 9 I found for $180 and the 4 $90 alone :( YIKES!

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 pm

Todd,

Check eBay. That's your best bet for less than "retail". Curious, how did you break the lid? Cause the "hinges" are on the lower box....only need a pin to hold the lid on.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Ken wrote:Todd,

Check eBay. That's your best bet for less than "retail". Curious, how did you break the lid? Cause the "hinges" are on the lower box....only need a pin to hold the lid on.
I broke the hinges off about 1.75 years ago by forgetting to latch the top, and on it was my storage pack with maybe 10 or so pounds of gear... I went up a jump landed wrong and it bucked me over the front, and the front flung open and the lid + my gear pack went flying off. I used it like this by just winching the front bar, and latching the rear, worked great... (on trips). Around my house I don't like having the gear container so I just remove the entire lid... Well my wife who rarely rides decided she wanted to take the dog for a run around the house and I forgot to tell her about one hill with ruts that you have to stay IN the ruts or it forces you in as you get toward the bottom and if you are going fast or don't have a strong grip it will take your tire and twist the wheel out of your hands and throw you over the side flipping the quad... and, well, she walked back telling me she flipped it. So, now the entire front basket is all cracked :( Luckily it didn't kill her, she's barely 5' 100lbs and the quad could have EASILY crushed her and I would have never known :shock:

The spot is not bad at all if you know how to ride it... I ride it daily but know when to slow and when to turn.. I almost was chucked over the front once when my bro was driving and I was on the back showing him around the place... he went down, it twisted but he was strong enough to hold on and break but we teeeeetered a bit until I helped turn the wheel straight again :twisted: I give it another year before the spot has worn down though, when I climb it I try to wear down the groove to make it flat :)