SP500 vs SP700 EFI

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:37 pm

Wow.... Talk about a global economy. lol... I can't keep up....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:52 pm

I had no idea.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Stumppuller
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Stumppuller » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:27 am

One thing about Polaris machines that cause starter failure, if you go into lots of water and mud, the seal on the starter is not that good, I've heard countless people say there had been corrosion from water entering somehow causing the starter to fail. So if you want to stop it, silicone it, that is a quick fix.
It has to be this as I've never had a starter fail on a ATV ever until my buddies 700 did, and has started to lock up once in awhile again but on the second or third crank goes.
For you rock crawlers who are wanting EFI, what did you think of the info on fuel pump starvation which will happen when your down to 1/4 tank and less. Sometimes Basic is way better, less complications and breakdowns.
2007 Polaris 800 STEALTH LE (Mine)
Stainelss steal brushguard and rear bumper
handguards
Uni Air Filter
windshield for winter only

2006 Polaris 800 Green (Wife's)
Uni Air filter

02 Bombardier Traxter XT
8900 Hard miles.
SOLD

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:42 am

Ya know, you might be right. Basic might just be better.... Generally, when I'm having problems stalling... I'm usually at that place or point (vertical) where I need to be very careful. Who's to say with the design of the EFI that problem would be resolved (maybe the stalling of my quad is a blessing).... lol.

I will say, the EFI at altitude 6.5 to 10k feet would be a nice improvment on relatively flat or rolling surfaces. However, I think I'll wait for the others to make that quantum leap before I go in search of an EFI. I need to know the "Rate of return on my investment" before I buy.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:57 pm

Since when did ATV's become an investment? :roll:
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Gregg
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Gregg » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:25 pm

Ken wrote:Since when did ATV's become an investment? :roll:
Have you checked what used Polaris's bring on Ebay? I've seen people pay more then the discount dealers sell them for new.

I just sold my 400EX for $2650. I paid $3k a little over two years ago. They may not be an investment but they surely have one of the slowest depreciation factors among recreation items.
Later............Gregg

2005 Polaris Sportsman.
2002 Polaris Trailboss
2004 Suzuki Ozark
BMW R-1150 GS
27' Allegro class A
A Couple of Trailers
A few Fords

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:35 pm

Hummm.... The term "Rate of return" and "investment" is by definition very subjective and not necessarily synonymous with money. OK? :shock:

Now, go back to pumping gas or supersizing peoples happy meals before you piss me off....lol. :roll:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:16 pm

Actually Gregg...you're right. They do hold their value pretty darn well.

Terry...shut up....and to think I was about to give you extra ketchup.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:44 pm

That's it!! I'm getting a Honda....

I'm gonna make you work for your quad trips now....lol. Bring extra tow straps.... BTW - I've seen your on-board tool box.... roflmao.

The dude carries a stripped phillips screw driver, a 2$ pair of plyers and one tire plug installer (without the plugs). He'll need the helicopter.... lol.