Drop Basket and Polaris Plastic Racks

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Drop Basket and Polaris Plastic Racks

Postby RobG » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:42 am

Has anyone ever been able to mount one of those large, metal drop baskets to a Polaris with the plastic racks? I have one of the "generic" ones that is said to fit most ATVs, but it's still in the box, never having been unwrapped or used. I've since ordered a machine-specific one for my Grizzly that won't require that I remove my cargo box and rack extension to put it on.

Likewise, with the Polaris, I'd like to have a drop basket and still have one of the Polaris plastic boxes on the back... but I don't see how to do this... if I can get the drop-basket on at all.

The reason for these baskets is to help carry enough gear for multi-day camping trips off of the ATVs. The cargo box on my Grizzly is already full with regular supplies for ordinary riding. The drop basket and the front rack would help carry stuff like tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, dry bags with clothing, camp stove, cookware, etc. Plus a cooler with sodas and water (I don't do Camelbaks).

I'm debating about leaving a drop basket and box off of the Sportsman for the purpose of camping trips, so I can just stack everything on the rear rack and lash it down.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Not sure what it looks like, to be honest.

I don't have any box. When I go camping, I'm bungy boy. The only thing I did, was bought the river rafting bag at REI and I put my pillow, sleeping bag and some clothes...then push the air out. That way I'm at least guaranteed some dry items.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby RobG » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:40 am

To see the basket, go here:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

Or if the link doesn't work, go to Cabelas.com and plug in this item number:

IF-520989

Oddly enough it shows the basket attached to a Polaris, but it's hard to see how it's done.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:17 pm

When in doubt.... Call Jack. lol.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

jack whelen
ATV Obsession Rider

Drop Baskets and Polaris Plastic Racks

Postby jack whelen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm actually getting ready to build a custom extended rack . I've got to use my new welder for something.Terry still got to make your skid plates. Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Montana Jack
[i]"If it ain't broke don't try to fix it."[/i]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:48 pm

Ya see.... MJ can read minds....

If you call him.... he will build it.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.