Got my new Sportsman (800 EFI)!

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Lizard
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Lizard » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:25 pm

What's your itinerary for this weekend? I might be interested in meeting you guys. I'm not sure I could swing both days, but maybe...

If you don't mind a Honda slowing you down.
Rincon that's dialed in.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:15 pm

Stop by....

We'll be there Friday morning. Jack and Larry are leaving the Bay Area at 4 or 5 am. Planning on getting to Loon around 10AM. Not sure when Terry is getting there. Dan is planning on coming...not sure if with Jack, or not.

I should be there Friday...around 12 or so. Jack and Larry will most likely be playing around in the Bowl, till I get there.

We'll be camping in the fee camp ground or the camp site on the right, just after the road goes dirt.

Saturday...probably head out...by 10AM....

We can have a Motorola if you have that??
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:17 pm

Honda_Polaris_man wrote:Ken,
when you bought your quad how much was it to register here in Calif? did you have to pay Ca sales tax or anything when you bought it?

When I bought mine...I did pay tax...at "my" price. ;)

Registration was the standard Green Sticker.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Lizard

Postby Lizard » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:25 am

What kind/color of trucks should I look for at the campsite? I'll bring this up to the wife when I see her later and make sure I have (she has) no other plans. If I do make it, it would be Friday morning as well. I would be driving a brown and white '95 Ford.

I would like to make this work.
Rincon that's dialed in.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:02 am

Lizard wrote:What kind/color of trucks should I look for at the campsite? I'll bring this up to the wife when I see her later and make sure I have (she has) no other plans. If I do make it, it would be Friday morning as well. I would be driving a brown and white '95 Ford.

maybe i should go too nd make sure i have another fellow honda rider to support me . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:12 am

Lizard wrote:What kind/color of trucks should I look for at the campsite? I'll bring this up to the wife when I see her later and make sure I have (she has) no other plans. If I do make it, it would be Friday morning as well. I would be driving a brown and white '95 Ford.

Jack has a blue Polaris 600, dark grey Chevy. He'll have a trailer with Larry's Yellow 700. I have a White Dodge Hemi...don't think I'll have a trailer. I have an ATVOBSESSION.COM license frame.

The first choice spot will be right after the FEE camp ground...the road goes pavement to dirt..there's a camp spot on the right. If filled we'll camp in the Fee camp...

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:31 am

or just look for the Guy with the mohak (Larry) and the guy with the shaved head (Ken). . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:11 am

Or look for the green riding mower...

your choice.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

RobG

Postby RobG » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:12 am

I just had my first real rock-climbing experience on the SP800EFI last night while riding a trail out near where I used to live.

It's a spot I've been up many times, both on my Grizzly and Rincon. The Rincon was a royal PITA to get up this thing due to no low range and no locker. The Grizzly was much easier but could use a bit more gear in Low Range.

The Sportsman on the other hand, went right up this thing like nobody's business. I was absolutely amazed at how easily it went up this thing. It was especially cool because this particular spot requires a very exact line and careful throttle control to keep from going over backwards, and also to avoid having a rear tire hang up on a rock that you just can't get over because it's a vertical face.

Can't wait to try it on even more intense stuff... but alas I won't make it out to meet you guys this weekend.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:12 pm

Cool update Rob. We haven't rock crawled Steve's yet....so you have the first report.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:16 pm

Say what time do you guy crawl out of the sack?(Sat. morn.)
Can't bring the BIG 500HO this time but(can't see my son on a dini 90cc going anywhere for fun but falling), the wifie is gone to Vagas for some dam cowboy concert. Me and the little man (my son matthew 8 years) may come up to fish and I could meet the gang.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:06 pm

MrBill wrote:Say what time do you guy crawl out of the sack?(Sat. morn.)
Can't bring the BIG 500HO this time but(can't see my son on a dini 90cc going anywhere for fun but falling), the wifie is gone to Vagas for some dam cowboy concert. Me and the little man (my son matthew 8 years) may come up to fish and I could meet the gang.
Probably 8am or so.... We'll be easy to spot with all the Polaris's and Pick ups.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:21 pm

We will try to get there.
should I look for a stuck Honda with a trail patrol on the front. LOL...
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:43 pm

MrBill wrote:We will try to get there.
BAM!

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:22 pm

MrBill wrote:We will try to get there.
Ouch. . . just for that I am going to have to cite you for not taking out your poo and make you tote out everyone elses. . .
Last edited by MrPolaris on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .