My first DICE RUN

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Joey2
Just opened an account at Cabelas

My first DICE RUN

Postby Joey2 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:42 pm

This past weekend i atended my first dice run in Limestone, New York. It was a small run but I did nride about 58 miles on Saturday. There were nine of us. Two SP 500 HO (2005), SP 400 (2005), two 400cc Suzuki Eigers, one Yamaha Big Bear 400cc (2003) and a Artic Cat 650cc (2005), one 350cc Honda (2001) and a 450cc Honda Forman ES (2003).

The Yamaha got stuck in the big mud pit twice.
The Honda 350cc rolled once (driver error).

But the worst part of all this... all three Polaris's began to over heat after the mud pit because the radiators vere plugged with mud and the fans could not spin to cool them off. I was out of water by the time I was done flushing the fan free.

It sort of pissed me off because we were all talking trash to each other, but after that I had no problems of course.

That was my only gripe, but what can you expect when a radiator plugs up? Not too much of a problem. I will carry a gallon of water in case this ever happens again.
Does this happen often to any other Sportsman owners?
2005 SPORTSMAN 500 HO
Warn Winch / Glacier Plow System
Need ground clearence? Need better grip from your factory tires? Need a locking front axle?
"You need a POLARIS!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 pm

We don't typically mud bog....But in all the rides I've been on, overheating was never a problem...and we ride typically on hot days at high altitude in dusty conditions.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: My first DICE RUN

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:20 pm

Joey2 wrote:That was my only gripe, but what can you expect when a radiator plugs up? Not too much of a problem. I will carry a gallon of water in case this ever happens again.
Does this happen often to any other Sportsman owners?
I'm not an SP owner but I may have a solution for you to consider about clearing the mud from the radiator.... the guys I use to ride with were all mud warriors....and the mud they would attempt to plow through was thick like clay practically...needless to say quite a few radiators would get clogged up...a simple solution....a water bazooka....it sounds funny maybe...but it actually works and comes in handy....and it's easy and compact enough to carry on the ATV...among the arsenal of water soakers out there www.hasbro.com makes one that comes with an Aqua Pack...so you have water at all times!....or if your near a water source....just fill it up...BTW...I'm not talking the little squirt guns...but the ones with a powerful blast...the ones made in the early 90's were bigger and held more H20....IMO it beats trying to splash it out with a gallon jug.
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:21 pm

lol... They sell the water canons at West Marine for around $15. I think that's a great idea....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.