Jetting Questions

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Jetting Questions

Postby DAVE » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:07 pm

I am trying to help out my unckle, he has a 05 polaris 400 it runs fine until we get to about 5500 ft then is starts running like crap, I have notice other 400's on some of the rides doing the same thing. do you know what main jet size should be run for elevations up to 9000 feet, the lowest he rides is 2000 feet. I know we could get a dynajet kit but I was thinking just get a main jet and call it good. what do ya think.

THANKS DAVE

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:23 pm

I think Mr. Bill, Ken, Jack and a number of others who just modified their carbs can answer that one..... I'm curious to see how Ken's jetting changes effect his quad in the hills.... Keep us updated.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:49 pm

Personally???

Taking it all apart, just to find out it runs even worse, because you just changed the Jet and didn't adjust the needle....isn't worth it to me.

It's 60 bucks for the kit...and you'll have jets for 3 altitudes, new needle and the clip.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:51 pm

The one thing that came out of it for me.....was before..I couldn't adjust the idle for all the tea in china. Totally frozen.

I was able to take it out....clean all the crud and put a tiny grease drop on the threads....you can actually turn it now.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 am

Personally???

Taking it all apart, just to find out it runs even worse, because you just changed the Jet and didn't adjust the needle....isn't worth it to me.

It's 60 bucks for the kit...and you'll have jets for 3 altitudes, new needle and the clip.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:16 am

I have step by step pictures Dave. I just haven't been home the last couple weeks to do anything about it.

Hopefully, I can do it on Saturday. At worst...I can just put the pictures up for you download, if you'd like some photo assistance.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director