06 500 EFI

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:58 am

I think your dealer should fix it.. It is something that can be fixed if it has to live at the dealership for a couple weeks then so be it.. There has never been a unit that can't be fixed..lol I'm assuming your dealer has talked to Polaris about this bike?? Those guys are no dummies they have seen all the problems that are out there. and it sounds like your bike is not the only one that is doing it. I have never seen a 500 EFI come back yet with any problems and we've sold a ton of them.. Send me your VIN number..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:03 pm

You won't get your dealer or Polaris to buy it back! Polaris will fix the bike. I have never heard of Polaris buying back a bike. Has he put a fuel pressure gauge on it? Is there any codes in the computer? If the bike just dies while riding there will be a code in the computer..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

rangertom
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby rangertom » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:55 pm

Chadd wrote:You won't get your dealer or Polaris to buy it back! Polaris will fix the bike. I have never heard of Polaris buying back a bike. Has he put a fuel pressure gauge on it? Is there any codes in the computer? If the bike just dies while riding there will be a code in the computer..
I've looked for a code, but none there. However, I didn't look for one on this last trip when the problem resurfaced. I'll send you the VIN (PM).
05 Magnum 330 4WD (wife's)
04 Sportsman 700 EFI (mine)
02 TRX90 (daughter's) (for sale to buy my daughter a Sportsman 90)

rangertom
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby rangertom » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:15 pm

Chadd...if there was a code...as with my 700 EFI , shouldn't there be a "check engine" indication on the display??????????

Maybe not w/the 06's...but mine does that with the T-BAP sensor issues I've had...

OK...now I'm on the phone w/the dealer......waiting...waiting...for someone to run the diagnostics...even though I think there's not going to be one w/out the indication to check the engine...but I'm having them do it anyway...

...waiting...

HA!!! they just came back...no codes...I would have thought to look if there was a "check indicator" on the display...

So...whatcha think now???

Dude...Thanks a BUNCH for all this brainstorming you're doing for me...

Tom
05 Magnum 330 4WD (wife's)
04 Sportsman 700 EFI (mine)
02 TRX90 (daughter's) (for sale to buy my daughter a Sportsman 90)