Hole in float bowl

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Hole in float bowl

Postby Thrasher » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:50 am

I found what caused it as well....the wiring harness for the stator ran right underneath it....also started rubbing the insulation off some wires.....
the harness wire is tight and really doesnt have room to move much.

..so I was wondering if this is on all the sporties? or if i need to take things apart to try and slack it up a bit.....

it runs below the float bowl. in between it and the starter......not much play to move it from uner to around

suggestions?

i'll post a pic if need be..

meanwhile, i'm lettin the JB Weld do it's magic on the float bowl.

it woulda really sucked if i blew my nuts off if the quad exploded from a spark.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:28 am

it woulda really sucked if i blew my nuts off if the quad exploded from a spark.
Have the g/f send pix if it does...... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:53 am

thanx

(nut munch)
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:27 pm

Try and move it Thrasher, I've seen that wire your talking about actually start a fire. This was on an older machine but we had stopped for a break and not soon after we wasted 4 beers trying to put it out. Scary to think about what might of happened if we didn't see it right away.

BC.
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:24 pm

Scary to think about what might of happened if we didn't see it right away.
Signal flare and/or lot's of walking..... :wink:
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.