winch

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:58 pm

puddles are dry between you and the shed
I'll be careful..... I'll do it in July. :wink:
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:33 pm

Ken wrote: It looks like the same picture....am I missing something?
That Pic is from the Warn site, this guy on E-bay photoshoped the pic to remove "warn" from the strap. Then makes ref. to Warn and how Gorilla is the same thing. If you read his warranty what exactly does it cover LOL!

Theres guys that will buy that winch saying "I can buy 3 of these and still be ahead as far as money goes" But wouldn't there always be that question in the back of your mind...when is this thing going to give out? Personally I rather install a winch and be done with it, also knowing that Warn stands behind what they sell. My friend has one of the cheaper winches and the cable has already chewed its way into the drum not to mention the noises it makes under load. It has hardly been used and you can tell its not going much further.

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:04 pm

Say BC you seem to have a friend at Warn Corp. Send him this and see what He says... Or not. Copy Right?
Last edited by MrBill on Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:41 pm

BearCat wrote:Theres guys that will buy that winch saying "I can buy 3 of these and still be ahead as far as money goes" But wouldn't there always be that question in the back of your mind...when is this thing going to give out?

I'm with you....when I'm stuck...I want the winch to pull me out NOW....without having to cross my fingers. And when I need my buddy...I want his to work too.

The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

BearCat

Postby BearCat » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:00 pm

MrBill wrote:Say BC you seem to have a friend a Warn Corp. Send him this and see what He says... Or not. Copy Right?
Friend? No MrBill..Just this viewtopic.php?t=577

I haven't dealt with many companies like Warn. About the copyright I have no idea I just think thats cheap on that guys part to use someone else's material to sell his shit.

BC

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:45 am

It's totally pathetic....and...frankly a lie. Since that's a Warn winch in the freaking photo.

And I agree..Warn is frankly, a fantastic company. My cousin had a Warn winch on his old Bronco. The pistol grip connector for his winch....busted. It was old....and he was lazy to get it fixed. Well...on a Jeep run on the Rubicon, there's a guy from Warn there....and he and my cousin are bullshitting...and he mentions the winch trigger. The guy says...let me check it out.....he looks at it...and says it needs to be replaced and asks for my cousin's address.

Few weeks later...a brand new trigger arrives from Warn....Free of charge.

Just one pistol trigger.....and neither I, nor my cousin...will buy anything but a Warn winch. If that wasn't good business....then I don't know what is.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mrbanzai
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Mrbanzai » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:17 pm

Warn is a great company thats why we here at Montana Jacks sell nothing but, now. We started off carrying "other" brands but the return rate for failures was so high we stopped soon after. We are 1 of only 12 USA Distributors for Warn ATV products and we consistently find them to be honest and service orientated to helping their customer BEFORE & AFTER the sale! I have used their 2.5 & 3.0 ci & ce versions of winches for 6 years heavily (everything in Montana is straight up) and we ride 3000 to 5000 miles a year here, I WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT A WARN WINCH. When you go to buy one, get one from a REAL Warn Distributor (call them and ask) At least they will be their next year if you have any problems, unlike some backyard garage ebay setup. also you can't beat the 3.0 ci/CE version factory brake installed. do yourself a favor get one of them. be careful that some "outfits" advertise them as 3.0CE but thier not. check the part # should be WRN-62701. Not 62700
Ride & Live Polaris MY Way Out!
Earth first, we'll log the other planets later.
If you aint got Jack's, you aint got Jack.

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:42 pm

Excellent bit of information.... Thanks.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:01 pm

Mrbanzai wrote:Warn is a great company thats why we here at Montana Jacks sell nothing but, now. We started off carrying "other" brands but the return rate for failures was so high we stopped soon after. We are 1 of only 12 USA Distributors for Warn ATV products and we consistently find them to be honest and service orientated to helping their customer BEFORE & AFTER the sale! I have used their 2.5 & 3.0 ci & ce versions of winches for 6 years heavily (everything in Montana is straight up) and we ride 3000 to 5000 miles a year here, I WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT A WARN WINCH. When you go to buy one, get one from a REAL Warn Distributor (call them and ask) At least they will be their next year if you have any problems, unlike some backyard garage ebay setup. also you can't beat the 3.0 ci/CE version factory brake installed. do yourself a favor get one of them. be careful that some "outfits" advertise them as 3.0CE but thier not. check the part # should be WRN-62701. Not 62700

That's really good information...i didn't know.

BTW....your new Sealed wire junction connector is sweet. OG Larry just replaced his from MJ's....I have to get one before my old connection box rusts.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

browningejm
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby browningejm » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Well I ordered this gorilla winch and just received it . It looks EXACTLY like the warn winch and all the specs are almost exact. It is made in china.This is a just in case type of winch for me. I ride on my own property (150 acres w/ about 5 mi of logging trails) I do have a JD4300 4X4 tractor, if this winch does prove to be a POS. So it just might be $100 mistake.The winch does look super duty and did come with everything as advertised. For my purposes I just can't see spending $400 for a WARN. Time will tell, and I will let you know.Thanx for all the replies,ERIK

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:50 pm

Best of luck.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

BearCat

Postby BearCat » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:04 pm

Made In China...The Undoing of North America...

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:45 am

Funny...

My daughter Monica was around 3 years old....when we heard " OH! NO!" in the back of the car. My wife said, "what's the matter?"

Monica (at 3) said..."This toy is made in China...They're ALL made in China."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director