wheel spacers?

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

extreme atv rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby extreme atv rider » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:18 pm

hey chadd is there any thing i can do to straighten the camber on my 800. it's more noticable now that i got my spacers.

i thought of makin brackets to be top of strut out that would do it :D
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:04 am

Small lift kit 1" or so.
You can get heavier springs for up front.
Sorry I dont have a listing for the 05 and up for the springs. Don't use those rubber spacers that polaris sells for a small lift when using the snow plow. POS.
Last edited by MrBill on Tue May 02, 2006 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:40 am

if all i need to do is add a 1" or so spacer to springs i can make them from alum at work. thanks Mr. bill
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:34 am

Yea very easy. Something I don't see when other people make there own they just finish the spring end flat or straight, I would add a small cup for the springs to set in. along with a nice chamfer on the other end so when cleaning no sharp edges to cut your hands along with looking better.
Something else to think about is you can put a spacer down in the strut mounting tube like 3/4" this way you will still have full strut stroke.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:55 am

MrBill wrote:you will still have full strut stroke.

[butthead mode]huh huh...he said stroke.[/butthead mode]
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:01 am

Ken wrote:
MrBill wrote:you will still have full strut stroke.

[butthead mode]huh huh...he said stroke.[/butthead mode]
Your just jealous :wink: Just because you didn't make the cover of Gay Quadding this month. :lol:

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 am

MrBill wrote:Yea very easy. Something I don't see when other people make there own they just finish the spring end flat or straight, I would add a small cup for the springs to set in. along with a nice chamfer on the other end so when cleaning no sharp edges to cut your hands along with looking better.
Something else to think about is you can put a spacer down in the strut mounting tube like 3/4" this way you will still have full strut stroke.
i no what you mean i've seen so home made rigging. i made a set of spacers for my warrior to stiffin front the spring sits inside a .5" cup every thing is smooth no sharp edges.

Pilk

Postby Pilk » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:21 pm

the black and silver X2 has a black pod cover doesnt it?

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:21 pm

Pilk wrote:the black and silver X2 has a black pod cover doesnt it?
it has a silver top.