First blown belt.

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

First blown belt.

Postby MrBill » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Belt went about an hour ago two miles from the house.
You hear it starting to go so you take it very easy but no luck.
The dam thing took out my teflon bearing next to the one way roller and packed the cooling outlet tube.
Time to go in and overhaul the hole drive clutch.
Weight bolts, rollers, bushings, and two new belts.
Hard part is get it done by Friday for the Mina trip.
2900 miles not bad.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

oldtrucks

Re: First blown belt.

Postby oldtrucks » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:03 pm

MrBill wrote:Belt went about an hour ago two miles from the house.

Better today that close to home than next Sunday 50 miles from camp. Are you going to be able to get all the parts together by then?
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:47 am

Bill make sure and check your one way bearing on the drive clutch. I think it's supposed to have 10 thousands of side to side play.. Before you buy the parts get a Quote and let me know what it is.. I can get you a new EBS kit for like $350 it comes with the New style (800) drive clutch and a team performance driven clutch and new belt.. Most of the time it's cheaper than just rebuilding the clutch.. I can check for you monday Morning.. Plus i can Ship you the New Curvz glasses in the same box....lol
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:44 am

Chadd wrote:Bill make sure and check your one way bearing on the drive clutch. I think it's supposed to have 10 thousands of side to side play.. Before you buy the parts get a Quote and let me know what it is.. I can get you a new EBS kit for like $350 it comes with the New style (800) drive clutch and a team performance driven clutch and new belt.. Most of the time it's cheaper than just rebuilding the clutch.. I can check for you monday Morning.. Plus i can Ship you the New Curvz glasses in the same box....lol
Thanks Chadd
The team for the 800 mybe way to much for my little 500.
I'm going to overhaul the primary my self. I need to find a 3/4" NF bolt today for a primary puller. The one-way still works but that teflon bushing/bearing got waisted when she went. I need weight bolts, the rollers that the weight arms roll on. both brass bushings, and that teflon bearing. I'll know later today about the one-way after I get her all a part.
If you want I can get you a parts list later today, My shop is closed on Mondays :cry:

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:57 am

Chadd please check on a stock EBS drive clutch that you might have in stock. I'll put my heelclicker and EPI spring in it. Also I need a clutch cover :cry:
Last edited by MrBill on Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:58 am

Bill if you need a puller let me know. I used a large 3 arm when I pulled my clutch, I mean my friends, and it worked fine. There may be differences between the Polaris and Suzuki, but it came off with little effort using the puller. I took today off and will be working tomorrow. I could probably get it to a friend that's working today that lives in Placerville so you would have it tomorrow morning.
Larry (ATV Ansel)

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks Larry, but polaris just need a 3/4" NF bolt with a short shaft that goes in side. A regular puller would kill it.

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:24 pm

Chadd wrote:Plus i can Ship you the New Curvz glasses in the same box....lol
I don't think this is a good idea Mr. Bill. Not worried about damage to the glasses, I'm worried you may never get the parts :lol:
Larry (ATV Ansel)

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Chadd wrote:Bill make sure and check your one way bearing on the drive clutch. I think it's supposed to have 10 thousands of side to side play.. Before you buy the parts get a Quote and let me know what it is.. I can get you a new EBS kit for like $350 it comes with the New style (800) drive clutch and a team performance driven clutch and new belt.. Most of the time it's cheaper than just rebuilding the clutch.. I can check for you monday Morning.. Plus i can Ship you the New Curvz glasses in the same box....lol
Chadd check out that team set-up for a 500HO 2004.5 EBS(Like$350)
Just for the EBS drive clutch list is $369.00 less weights and spring
If I go for the team I will need to know what spring (I will go up one weight size) and weights to run for a 500ho(I have 10 WH in great shape) also I need a belt. The cover I have patched for now. I shop ebay for a EBS cover later. You can call me at work xxx-xxx-xxxx
Ether way I need to move fast on this for the Mina trip.
Due to only photos of the glasses I'll try on pair for now. CURV Z 02-10

PS needs major overhaul Weight holes out of round. Weight bolts worn, both brass bushings need to be replaced, need Teflon washer, and should do the rollers and bushings that the weights roll out on. The shives look great It must of been time for the belt.