sup guys new and need some help

Red and Green machine

Moderator: hemingray

deadhead296
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

sup guys new and need some help

Postby deadhead296 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 pm

sup guy just got me a 96 honda trx 300 4x4 and need some help im new to the upgrade part and need some suggestions on what some basic upgrade would be like for more power and what not and im lookin at new tires but i dont know what to look for as far as size or kind i do a lot of mud and trail ridein but the mud is more my type and i need a tire that will work good for both and right now the 300 has 23's on the front and 24's on the back how much bigger can i go with just a 300 and does anyone have a link to how to build a snorkle for a 300 thats the only upgrade i know of so any help would be nice and thanks in advance guys for any help

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:08 am

I don't know much about that model of Honda. However, based on my experience with the 300cc Polaris, I would not even think about getting a tire bigger than 25". You just don't have enough power....and it will probably still be doggy with a 25.

589's are always a good mud tire. Mudlites are too...and a little smoother on trails.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Welcome aboard DeadHead - I am a Louisiana girl... New Orleans. My son is on a football scholarship at University of LA at Lafayette... Ragin Cajun land!! Great to have a home-boy on the board!
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 pm

well i actully can help with this one
i have honda 400 AT rancher pretty much the same thing you have but little bit more power

these are the mods i found i have been looking for after market shocks
but i like to do rock crawling and trail riding mostly. hope this helps
if you don't wanna buy new wheels the carlisle 489's are a good all around tire i have freind that uses them and won't use any thing els

as cajgirl said welcome to the bored
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.