ITP Mud Light XTR's...

Meat talk....Wheel talk.

Moderator: hemingray

Ludacris
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

ITP Mud Light XTR's...

Postby Ludacris » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 am

Hello.

I was looking to upgrade the wheels and tires on my '04 Sportsman and I saw that ITP just recently introduced a new version of the Mud Light tire.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into these, but if not, could someone reccomend a good wheel and tire combo? I was leaning towards black wheels and something like the Mud Lights. The 589's seem a bit too "luggy" for the riding I do, so I don't know if I need that much.

Anyone tested the Mud Lights, and if so, how are they?

Any other ideas for a good tire?

Thanks for the help.

http://www.itptires.com/mudlitextr.html

- CP[/img][/url]
2004 Sportsman 700 Twin EFI

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:59 am

Get em.... In my opinion they seem to be the best all around tire. I had GY Rawhides and now the 589's... The 589's are great for rocks (big rocks) so, so on fireroads and not so good in snow.

Dan (Our token old guy) has the mudlites and from what I can tell. He goes over the same rocks without problems, less steering movement on fireroads and certainly they out perform the 589's in the snow.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:40 pm

Sorry..moved it to the Tire section.

Nice all around tires. I agree with Terry's accessment.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/