ITP 589's

Meat talk....Wheel talk.

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

ITP 589's

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:33 pm

Just a short note to say the plugs for repairing tires while out on the trail work great (and IMO are invaluable). I got about a 1" tear near the bead and a separate hole in one of my rear tires. It looks like something went in one end and out the other....

Three (that's right... THREE) plugs in one hole and one plug on another hole for a total of four plugs in one tire....... I was able to ride another 25 miles back to camp (with a few pump up's along the way). I'm totally sold..... I'll post a couple of pic's in the next couple of days.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:49 pm

Two weeks ago, one hour into the ride my Boss drilled a BOULDER in the MIDDLE of a smooth dirt trail. Blew out the side wall and flatened the wheel.. after 18 plugs and a 32oz bottle of slime we rode the rest of the day and it's sitting in the shop right now and it still holds air. By the way Napa sells the best plugs 50 of them for 9 bucks.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:31 pm

18? lol.....

You win...... roflmao.

That's about $60 in plugs..... lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:01 pm

Chadd wrote:. . . By the way Napa sells the best plugs 50 of them for 9 bucks.
Mr. Miyagi wrote:18? lol.....

You win...... roflmao.

That's about $60 in plugs..... lol....
Actually according to Chadds math that was only $3.24 if they only cost 9 bucks for 50. . . glad you do not work up front at the bank. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:41 pm

I make my money at the bank the old fashion way.......

I go to the vault and get the money....... lol

A number of years ago...... we were playing football (catch) with 66k of shrink wrapped $100.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:44 pm

A number of years ago...we were playing catch with Wells Fargo coffee cups....just SECONDS before you walked around the corner..
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:04 pm

ahh the things we do when the boss is away. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:12 pm

A number of years ago...we were playing catch with Wells Fargo coffee cups....just SECONDS before you walked around the corner..
Was that before or after the big wheel races..... lol.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:09 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
Was that before or after the big wheel races..... lol.

Big Wheel racing, was a 16th Street on Sunday.

There was one time..Chuck and I unloaded all the boxes for 16th Street and we noticed Balloons in the rafters from a party on Friday or Saturday. So we strategized, on how to get them down. We decided that cold, would bring them down, so we grabbed a fire extinguisher and shot 'em.

One problem...it was a powder extinguisher. White dust....EVERYWHERE.

We cleaned it, and left the 1/2 empty extinguisher.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:59 am

Ken wrote:
. . . We cleaned it, and left the 1/2 empty extinguisher.

And then they really had a fire a few weeks later, and watched as the person using the extinguisher ran out after one spray. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:54 am

the person using the extinguisher ran out after one spray. . .
Sh!t, that's one spray longer than I would have waited....

It's called insurance..... lol.