Gun Control

Postby MrBill » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 am

04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Well done................. =D>
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

Norcalbmxer
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Norcalbmxer » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:45 pm

Linky now worky now :(
"If you cant crawl over it, just wheelie over it" - Ken
www.joinernetworks.com

My Right rear tire has 2 plugs in it, but my left rear only has 1

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:47 am

LOL...Shatner RULES!

In Obama's world, he couldn't get those shots off....as he wants to ban all semi-automatics.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ukau
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Ukau » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:53 am

Ken wrote:LOL...Shatner RULES!

In Obama's world, he couldn't get those shots off....as he wants to ban all semi-automatics.
Can you please show me info on "banning all semi-automatics". I know he is pretty "radical" when it comes to 2A, but I have not read anything stating he wants to go that far. Thanks

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 am

Here's the bill everyone is worried about...

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =h110-6257

This is the section that has everyone wondering...how far will it go.

‘(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

‘(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
‘(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
‘(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
‘(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

But in general, the ban would include any semi-automatic weapon, where the magazine extends beyond the weapon that is semi-automatic. So for example, my dad has Ruger 22 cal rifle, and it has 2 clips...one 10 round internal, and 30 round external. I'm not sure how that would work, but my guess is the 30 round clip would be banned.

Here's a pdf of his agenda.

http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/obamaurbanpolicy.pdf

Page 4 of 5, talks about "common sense measures that respect 2nd amendment rights". This agenda was posted on Obama's site. This is in reference to this bill, and what caused gun sales to go wild the days following the election.

Is it speculation? Sure, a bit at this point....but the fact is...1) we've got a bill and 2) We've got an agenda. The marrying of the 2, isn't very far fetched.

If I am not mistaken, the ban that Clinton imposed in 1994, specified specific weapons...whereas this bill, knocks out many guns based on configuration that one wouldn't view as an "assualt" weapon.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 am

"(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer"
"Forward Handgrip" makes it a rifle not a hand gun anymore.
"‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded" I do not understand this one?
Hay Ken "Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:15 am" you not sleeping over this one? :o
Last edited by MrBill on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:43 am

Yeah, the way I read that is if the magazine extends beyond being flush with the weapon, it would be illegal.

It is a bit confusing though, in the first part they basically say anything over 10 rounds would be banned, however in the second half they generalize it by saying a magazine that extends beyond the weapon. Well shit, there are a lot of semi auto pistols out there that hold 17 rounds of 9mm and the mag fits inside the pistol grip. :?
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 am

MrBill wrote:"‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded" I do not understand this one?
Without coming out and naming it specifically, I think that is a direct reference to a Desert Eagle.

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 am

You mean this little puppy...

"The Desert Eagle 50 Caliber HandgunThe Desert Eagle hand gun is one of the most popular firearms in the world, due to the large size and roles in movies, video games, and book, it became a legend. The Desert Eagle 50 cal is considered the king of pistols. Many people often become intimidated by the large Desert Eagle 50 caliber, despite the comfort of these remarkable pistols. The Desert Eagle 50 ae, is the only firearm like it in the world. With a large selection of gold desert eagles, as well as standard Desert Eagles to choose from, we are sure to be your source for your Desert Eagle gun."

$1,527.99 US

Magnum Research Hand Guns (Pistols) Magnum Research Desert Ea...

Magnum Research, Inc

Made of strict military standards the Magnum Research, Inc Desert Eagle Pistol is a tactical firearm that gives you the reliability and accuracy you need at a time of crisis. Allowing for rapid magazine changes and immediate round chambering the Magnum Research, Inc Desert Eagle Pistol is ready when you are. Easy to handle with natural pointability the Magnum Research, Inc Desert Eagle Pistol is a practical tactical to have in your arsenal.

Magnum Research, Inc Desert Eagle Pistol
Model: Desert Eagle Mark XIX
Manufacturer Number: DE50BC
Action: Single
Caliber: 50 Action Express
Capacity: 7 Round
Barrel: 6 Inch
Grips: Anatomically Designed Polymer
Safety: Ambidextrous
Sights: Drift Adjustable Rear/Ramp Style Front
Weight: 72.4 Ounces
Finish: Brushed Chrome

http://www.deserteaglepro.com/category/ ... liber.aspx

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kodiak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:48 pm

the desert eagle is a blast to shoot!!! it kicks!!
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

Norcalbmxer
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Norcalbmxer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Kendo wrote:Yeah, the way I read that is if the magazine extends beyond being flush with the weapon, it would be illegal.

It is a bit confusing though, in the first part they basically say anything over 10 rounds would be banned, however in the second half they generalize it by saying a magazine that extends beyond the weapon. Well shit, there are a lot of semi auto pistols out there that hold 17 rounds of 9mm and the mag fits inside the pistol grip. :?

its all confusing mumbo jumbo like the original assualy weapons ban....

my Yuogoslavian SKS is legal with a bayonet
The chinese SKS is legal only without a bayonet

If i take the bayonet off of my yugo SKS it is now be illegal, because it is considered "modified" although it looks identical to the chinese one you can purchase today....

Ive just come to realize that the people behind gun legislature have no clue about guns
"If you cant crawl over it, just wheelie over it" - Ken
www.joinernetworks.com

My Right rear tire has 2 plugs in it, but my left rear only has 1

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Well since Ken locked the other thread, and I was "dragged into it" claiming I would "drag" Fishy into this one, now I've done it!

If I am going to have to do the time, I may as well commit the crime - right??

IIRC I suggested we drop the political bullshit and just leave it at we don't agree.

There are still some out there that carry the torch though. :roll:

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Now that I have been dragged into it I can post on here :D . I am looking at the Panther Arms AR-15 wanna be.
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:13 am

FishaHallic wrote:I am looking at the Panther Arms AR-15 wanna be.
Why do you call it a "wanna be"?? It IS an AR15. OK, maybe not a Colt AR15, but still an AR15. Besides, I think a lot of the companies out there now manufacturing the evil black rifles are making a better quality gun than the Colt.

You better get it quick if you're gonna get it. If the rumors are right about BO and his first days in office, there's a really good chance he will enact a new AWB and you won't be able to get your hands on one. Besides, prices are going up almost daily, the sooner you buy, the cheaper (cough) it will be. Hard to use the word 'cheap' and AR15 in the same sentence. :roll: