Obama says "Don't worry about the deficit"

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Obama says "Don't worry about the deficit"

Postby Ken » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Now what Fish?? I told you.....

CHICAGO (Reuters) – The United States government should not worry about deficits over the next two years while spending money to jumpstart the ailing economy, President-elect Barack Obama said in a television interview that aired on Sunday.

Obama, a Democrat who takes over from President George W. Bush, a Republican, on January 20, said consensus had emerged between economists in both major U.S. political parties that expensive measures were necessary to avoid a deep recession.

"The consensus is this, that we have to do whatever it takes to get this economy moving again, that we have to -- we're going to have to spend money now to stimulate the economy," he told the CBS television network's 60 Minutes news program.

"And (consensus is) that we shouldn't worry about the deficit next year or even the year after; that short term, the most important thing is that we avoid a deepening recession."
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow, you are smart :? . You think I don't realize that there are more important things than the deficit right now?
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 pm

I'm glad you realize it now....
FishaHallic wrote:republican policy of cutting taxes and increasing spending which leads to massive gov't borrowing
Increasing the deficit isn't the problem....in fact, it's the solution for now.

The only part left is for Obama to cut taxes across the board to increase job growth, and he'll be a full-blown Republican. :lol:
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Wow, your a world class economist, statistician and a visionary and you think that the only thing Bush did that was bad was he spent a little too much. You sound like the perfect candidate for 2012 on the republican side :? .
3.0 Warn Winch

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:40 am

Fawk me, here we go again........ :roll:

I vote we drop the political mêlée and focus on ATV's and associated conversation. The only thing this discussion is going to do is harbor ill will towards one another.

In the immortal words of Rodney King - "Can't we all just get along?"
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 am

Kendo wrote:Fawk me, here we go again........ :roll:

I vote we drop the political mêlée and focus on ATV's and associated conversation. The only thing this discussion is going to do is harbor ill will towards one another.

I second that!!
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

The Modfather
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby The Modfather » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:31 am

MrBill wrote:

I second that!!
Thirded.

It makes baby Jesus cry when ppl argue about politics. :sadpanda:

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:58 am

Oh come on - these threads get ALMOST as long as eigers decision on when they are going to High Lakes..
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:16 pm

d2photo wrote:Oh come on - these threads get ALMOST as long as eigers decision on when they are going to High Lakes..

Did they ever go?

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

hellcat650
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby hellcat650 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:03 pm

In the immortal words of Rodney King - "Can't we all just get
along?"
x10
Dave x^3 (cubed)
07 Artic Cat TRV 650H1
2.5 warn winch
26" Bighorns
3.25 qts oil

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Some times you have to agree to disagree............ 8)
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 pm

nope sure didnt! :oops: hell i dont even know where the high lakes are,let alone have a quad!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:45 pm

X 11 , the only reason I chimed in is because Ken for what ever reason keeps bringing up my name. Evidently he has something against those with different views and is trying to prove something.
3.0 Warn Winch

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Dave - you just have to agree to disagree. You're like a Placer County democrat here, just plain outnumbered. I hope to ride with you someday and hope you won't take all this personally and disappear from the forum.

Dave W.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:15 am

FishaHallic wrote:X 11 , the only reason I chimed in is because Ken for what ever reason keeps bringing up my name. Evidently he has something against those with different views and is trying to prove something.

Dave....you take this entirely too personally. The ONLY reason I added your name, is you specifically....and very emphatically said the deficit was your #1 concern....you stated this fact at least 10 times. So when I saw this article, a grand total of 72 hours after being elected....well...it had relevance to you.

And you're way, way wrong. I don't have problem with people opposing views....I enjoy debating....especially when people can stick to facts.

Bill Clinton was morally devoid, a legally defined liar under oath, and an adulterer....but as a President...he overall did a good job (aside from some constitutionally questionable laws). I have no problem saying he did a good....because I'm aware enough to know, that "ALL" democrats aren't bad. I make my decisions on a person by person basis.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director