another lost job!

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

another lost job!

Postby EigerMike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 pm

well after 12 years with this company the owner comes out at 5 min before we leave and gathers the few of us that are left and says were closeing at the end of the year.thats all he said and just stood there then walked away! other than the owner ive been there since we started,there are two other people that have been there about 11 years. he told the inside guys first then told us a little latter.kind of made me mad that they know more than i do as far what happened ect. ive guess he doesnt owe me an explanation just thought it would have been nice.well hate to vent to you guys just letting you know. im sure my family will survive plus i heard obama is going to extend unemployment :lol:
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

The Modfather
Is tracking a shipment right now

Re: another lost job!

Postby The Modfather » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:11 pm

EigerMike wrote:well after 12 years with this company the owner comes out at 5 min before we leave and gathers the few of us that are left and says were closeing at the end of the year.thats all he said and just stood there then walked away! other than the owner ive been there since we started,there are two other people that have been there about 11 years. he told the inside guys first then told us a little latter.kind of made me mad that they know more than i do as far what happened ect. ive guess he doesnt owe me an explanation just thought it would have been nice.well hate to vent to you guys just letting you know. im sure my family will survive plus i heard obama is going to extend unemployment :lol:
That sux man - I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

What is it you do for a living, if I might ask.

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:14 pm

welder /fabricator no problem modfather!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Damn Mike, really sorry to hear that. A skill set like yours should be fairly marketable though. Even doing side jobs and such, I would think you could make ends meet.

I'll keep my ears open for anyone looking for a fab guy.

You might try posting on Pirate 4X4 too, depending on what type of fab work you do.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm

thanks kendo! the company i work for or did :roll: we made complete finishing lines for linear and flatline ,moulding lines doors ect.fully automated spray machines ,profile sanders , transfers , conveyors, so it was only a matter of time :wink: . love welding tig mig u name it and some say im not bad at it :smirk: actually i really take pride in my welding skills maybe one of the reasons i wasnt ever laid off in 12 years while every one else was!well its a new start and im ready to take it on ! i think 8-[
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:33 am

mike you might try the ruan yard on road 27 my dad drives for them and they are always looking for people to work in the shop. the pay is good.

that sucks!!! by the way i will ask my dad about any welding jobs close by you if any one knows he will.

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 am

To add to this - I got my layoff (60-day) notices yesterday dec,8. term date on Feb 20.

Hmmm... Wonder how Utah is in March... Probably still under snow..

13 years and 10 months.. Outsourced.
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

hellcat650
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby hellcat650 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:11 am

Sorry guys. I never thought I would feel bad about having a job but the more I hear about good people losing work the worse I feel. This really suxs.
Dave x^3 (cubed)
07 Artic Cat TRV 650H1
2.5 warn winch
26" Bighorns
3.25 qts oil

The Modfather
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby The Modfather » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:06 pm

hellcat650 wrote:Sorry guys. I never thought I would feel bad about having a job but the more I hear about good people losing work the worse I feel. This really suxs.
....are you hiring? :shock:

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 pm

sorry to hear that d2photo :( but there must be some good that comes of it ! at least thats what im hopeing for :wink: thanks roon!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

This for my folks anyway is happening to the entire IT dept where I work -

The infrastructure folks are hit first and then the apps folks

IBM got the first contract and Congizent is getting the apps portion (cog going almost 90% overseas)

infrastructure folks to be gone by end of Feb and Apps folks to be history by end of March.

The north eastern part of the US for us is going to be GONE shortly - the company is trying to dump the black hole of cash that is our NE and Arizona divisions..
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

hellcat650
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby hellcat650 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:34 pm

The Modfather wrote:
hellcat650 wrote:Sorry guys. I never thought I would feel bad about having a job but the more I hear about good people losing work the worse I feel. This really suxs.
....are you hiring? :shock:
I wish!! Then I would feel more secure, instead of waiting for the HR call to come one day.
Dave x^3 (cubed)
07 Artic Cat TRV 650H1
2.5 warn winch
26" Bighorns
3.25 qts oil

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 pm

it really sucks working knowing its over.its harder each day and its only been 3 days :lol: now they want me to stay and get the shop cleaned and shiped off to wherever its going.the owner and my boss are going to work for the new company so they dont have to wory about getting a job but they dont want me takeing any vacation time off! so they want me to stay and clean up for them to help them out but dont want to help me :finger: them ! im not going to be walked on any more! sory about this post guys just venting! im hunting friday so maybe that will kool me down :wink:
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Go Kill something....that should help
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 pm

waterfowling is my therapy!!!!!!!! :D
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017