Axial AX10

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

shootinmanbwh
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Axial AX10

Postby shootinmanbwh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Do any of you die hard crawlers have an Axial AX10. If so, I have a few questions. Im looking to get one.

The kit or ARTR?
Which motor?
Which ESC?
Which rx/tx?
Which steering servo?

So many choices, its overwhelming.
2008 Brute force 750

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:17 pm

ARTR is a good kit to start with. THe novak Rooster and motor combo is cheap and works great. I run a Futaba 3ch am radio I can't remember the model but any futaba will work. www.rccrawler.com is a wealth of info. I'll check out my crawler when i get home and post up some more details.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

shootinmanbwh

Postby shootinmanbwh » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 pm

thanks. I look on rccrawler, but they have so much info on that site, it is overwhelming. I have a revo, a summit, and a slash. I probably can use my revo tx, and buy another tx with a set of crystals. My main concern is the motor and esc. I have also heard different opinions on the kit or the artr.
2008 Brute force 750

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:00 am

Hahahahahaa - you have discovered a second obsession with this group!!

I have one, Ken has one, ATVer has one - yeah, we are all neck deep in RC crawling too.

My personal opinion - don't buy the RTR, by the time you finish upgrading and getting to the point where a pieced together kit would get you, you're out more $$$.

Secondly, I would look around for a used one. Ken picked up a REALLY nice built one with lots of upgrades for $400 IIRC. Pirate 4X4 is a great place to look.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdis ... ne=30&f=14

Lastly, motors and ESCs come with opinions. You'll find one guy that likes this and the other guy likes that. Like Chadd said, the Novak Rooster is good, and there are a few others right around that price range.

Radio makes a HUGE difference. I was running a Traxxas, but found it to be really sketchy. I have a Spektrum DX3 that I have yet to install. Ken has the same one though and said it made a big difference - he had a Futaba before that.

The guys at http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ are great and if you can make it to Reno to visit the shop, will get you setup with everything you need. Plus they have a kewl indoor course that you can play on.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 pm

LOL....He obviously hasn't seen MM4. :)

Yeah...a million opinions..if you're unsure whether you'll like it...RTR is ok. But like Kendo said...if you show ANY interest...You'll be upgrading faster than you can spin.

Definitely look used....lots of used toys for sale these days. :(

Or look at CKRS in Reno. They have kits to fit every price range....from just barely to get going.....to full blown competition kits.

Then you can come over in the summer...and run my course at my house.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

shootinmanbwh

Postby shootinmanbwh » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:47 pm

thats great info. I have been into RC's for a while. I have a revo 2.5 to bash, a slash for more bashing, and I just bought a Summit to bash and crawl. That thing really got me hooked on the crawling part, so i figured i would give it a try. Anyway, whats another toy in the collection, right?
2008 Brute force 750

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:33 am

So...Bruce...what did you decide??
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

shootinmanbwh

Postby shootinmanbwh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:04 pm

I think im going to order one of the Axial ARTR packages from CKRC. They have the best prices, and I can mix and match the components that I want. Im not going to go hog wild, "yet".
2008 Brute force 750