Monster Diesel - Results of 1.5 Tanks

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Monster Diesel - Results of 1.5 Tanks

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:39 pm

I have results....though NOT scientific, they are pretty convincing to me...your mileage, no pun....may vary.

I saw this product on American Chopper, and got me intrigued.

I take my mileage reading every tank via Gas Cubby on my iPhone. In a year...only missed one (friend filled tank). I would say pretty certainly...that I know what mileage I'm going to get, with any tank, knowing my driving.

Here is a screenshot from 2009, and you can see...most tankful's are around 17MPG, with mixed driving...highway and local errands and things. More if all highway (19 or so) and less if I'm towing my ATV's to Tahoe up the grade.

In April, I received my bottle, but I went to Moab in April towing 6000lbs in ATV's....so those tanks, don't count at all.

I finally was able to add Monster Diesel in a full tank, and do my NORMAL mixed driving. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. In fact, I bought a Honda for errands and things...and so I drive much less often...so this took some time.

On the April 24 fill up, I added the normal mixture of MD. I did my usual driving (only less often). As you can see, that April 24 fill up, was my usual 17.1 (displayed on the April 9 fill up.)

On May 22, I did a fill up and I nearly fell out of my shorts when I saw 23.8. I still had about 5 gal or so in the tank (obviously with some MD still in the tank). So I didn't add anymore, and let it go. Well, my next fill up on June 18, I got 21.8. So the next tank, I put no MD in the tank....expecting lower mileage. Today, I filled up (I was bone dry) and low and behold, 17.6, which included a drive to Reno (but no quads). Exactly what I would have expected.

So, I filled up the tank and added MD. I will report back, but if my mileage pops back up in the 21-23 range, I personally will be very convinced that MD, at minimum, helped my mileage.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Monster Diesel - Results of 1.5 Tanks

Postby d2photo » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Ok, so what is the cost of the bottle of MD in comparison to just putting in the fuel?
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Monster Diesel - Results of 1.5 Tanks

Postby Ken » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 pm

It's about 30 bucks per 32 oz bottle. Each bottle treats 250 gallons. Roughly 3 bucks per tank. So you have to get an extra 20 miles per tank @ $3.00/gal.

17 MPG = 340 miles per 20 gals

22 MPG = 440 miles per 20 gals
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/