New Gun S&W M&P compact

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: New Gun S&W M&P compact

Postby oldtrucks » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 pm

ontherks wrote:Nice gun, Almost got one a few years ago. But went with the XD.
That's funny, I almost bought the XD and ended up getting the full size M&P instead. I put the two down side by side and decided I didn't like the fact that the Springfield was made in Croatia.

"Manufactured in the city of Karlovac, Croatia by HS Produkt (formerly I.M. Metal), the Springfield Armory XD is the marketing name for the weapon, which is licensed and sold in the US by Springfield Armory, Inc"
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 am

Kendo wrote:Here ya go Brian, same one I grabbed a copy of before. He seems to address pull and length of pull. You can probably pick and choose what you want to do.

http://www.lmsdefense.com/forum/index.p ... ttach=4200

nice thanks for looking for that. Im gona give it tell 1500-2000 rounds to let ever thing brake in and get a good fell for it before i start mod'in. Im hoping i can learn to love / like it as is but if the trigger stays the same as it is now i have a felling ill be tearing into it.
09 can-am renegade

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 pm

oldtrucks wrote:
ontherks wrote:Nice gun, Almost got one a few years ago. But went with the XD.
That's funny, I almost bought the XD and ended up getting the full size M&P instead. I put the two down side by side and decided I didn't like the fact that the Springfield was made in Croatia.

"Manufactured in the city of Karlovac, Croatia by HS Produkt (formerly I.M. Metal), the Springfield Armory XD is the marketing name for the weapon, which is licensed and sold in the US by Springfield Armory, Inc"

Yeah I didn't relize that until after I had it. I personaly prefer the XD, but wish it was US made. If I had it to do over again I might get a diffrent one. But I like Benelli too and there not made here. [-X
'14 XP4 1k

HAVOC5150
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby HAVOC5150 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 am

A friend from work just picked up the M&P 9mm, I really like the gun with the exception of the trigger its really gritty.

I was talking to a a friend of mine who is a gun smith and has done work on several M&P's including the .45 that he owns, he says that he has over 10k rounds through it without any problems. With the exception of the trigger being gritty I think it is a great firearm.

I wouldn't own the XD, just personal preference.