New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

The Modfather
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby The Modfather » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:23 am

650kawirider wrote:Just found the site....looks like a bunch of guys enjoying what I like to do - riding tough terrain and relaxing afterward with a refreshment or two :D

Looks like most of your rides are in northern CA. Being down here in SoCal, finding anyone that runs a "real" quad is a surprise!

Here is a link to pics from our last ride a couple of weeks ago out in Johnson Valley, just west of the 29 Palms Marine Base and east of Victorville about 50 miles.

http://azgolfer.smugmug.com/Quading-Cam ... 3705_DTys2

We attempted to ride The Hammers - world famous jeep rock crawling trails. What a blast :!: At least until the rocks got bigger than the quads! We concurred the Claw Hammer, but turned back on all the others.

Had a bunch of buddies from AZ come out that are known as the AZ Framebreakers. Good riders all!

Be interested in learning more about the rides and trails you take. I am currently putting my machine back together....it was a tough 5 days :wink:

Look forward to getting to learning more about ATVObsession.

Dave
Hey wassup 650! I know you from Nyroc! Welcome sir!
[img]http://fusionlangaming.com/random.jpg[/img]

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Wow - lots of pictures, I enjoyed seeing them all, thanks! Looks like a lot of different riding styles there.

Welcome! I'm not sure you'll know what to do with all the trees up here ;-)
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

650kawirider
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby 650kawirider » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey guys, great to be here on the site...even if I am late in replying! Been a bit busy with family and work. All getting in the way of riding!

Glad you enjoyed the pics. Lots more to come I hope!

Dave
Ride like you want to, work when you have to....

silvertip

Postby silvertip » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Just want to say Hello. :D
I see a few of my Snowmobile buddys and on here and a big thanks to Chaddie for telling about your site.

ontherks

Postby ontherks » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:20 am

Hey John, good to see you on here. Hope to ride with you again this year.
'14 XP4 1k

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:19 pm

silvertip wrote:Chaddie
Chaddie? Oh man....gonna use that one for YEARS.

Welcome.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 am

Hello ALL.
This looks like the perfect place for me. Ive been searching for a place to hopefully meet some people in my local area to try and ride with. I grew up in Grass Valley (currently live in Chico) and have been camping all over the Sierras my whole life. At the moment i only know 2 very undependable people to ride with ones on a motorcycle the other on a Polaris side x side. My desire to ride is much higher then there's so i often have to head out alone which needless to say is unsafe and unwise.
I see several of you ride up by cisco grove, its been a great place recently since they where working on the dam and the lakes drained quite a bit made for some interesting riding. I saw a old post about the switch trail that leads up red man mt. When i was there last i didn't think it went all the way to the top and connect with the other roads, does it? I only went up the switch trail for about 10-15 minuets. I was literally 4 min on my brand new ATV when i found that trail and had to turn around since i started smoking my belt a little, and i needed to break the engine in better first.
Any ways after this post I'm going to see if there's any rides planed soon and see if i can weasel me way into tagging along. If there's no ride that's planned soon ill be heading either to stony ford or chappie ohv hopefully next weekend 12/13 or for sure by the next weekend. If any one wants to try to meet up. Ive been to stony a couple times and know the area but never been to chappie.
09 can-am renegade

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:37 am

wellcome im sure you will enjoy this site!

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 pm

EigerMike wrote:wellcome im sure you will enjoy this site!
Yeah, we're as undependable as anyone out there!

:-D

I want to try the switchback trail too - GrizzlyGuy assures me I can make it (I still think it would be best done with someone else rather than solo). It intersects with the "goat trail" which goes to the old SP fire lookout on Red Mountain, and if you go past that, it connects with the trail that goes down to Eagle Lakes Rd, or up to Signal Peak on the southwest side (easy trail), and you can also get to the old lookout on an easier trail than the goat trail.

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

thanks eiger and hemin
i know all the other roads around the old fire look out, and i even saw the goat trail or some tiny little path below it but i didnt see where to drive off to get to it from up top. Seemed like there was no trail for at least 100 yards and no way down by the fire lookout building. Does it hit the road some where else?

also sadly i cant play this weekend have to work, so next weekend ill be heading out to stony or chappie.
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Hey Mr. Green...

I feel like I just fell into the movie Resevoir Dogs.

The Switchback trail is really two trails. About 1.1 miles from Cisco, is the left turn up the hill. Near the 1/2 way point...it has 3 or 4 sharp switchbacks...hence our name for the trail. Then, it has an intersection. If you go straight...you run into the main Signal Peak 4x4 trail. If you go right....it gets narrower...and steeper...and comes up right at the Signal House....15 feet from the door. That part of the trail, we refer to as the Goat Trail.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:51 am

well i was talking about going to chappie or stony for a ride and i failed miserably and wasn't able to make it from lack of planing and follow through. So instead i went to baja Mex for a little ride 8) been down here for 15 days or so and still have about a week left tell i have to drive back. When i get back i will be going to chappie or stony if any one is interested still on a weekend.
09 can-am renegade

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm

silvertip wrote:Just want to say Hello. :D
I see a few of my Snowmobile buddys and on here and a big thanks to Chaddie for telling about your site.
Dammit Tip it's CHADD lol.. Good to see you on here now you can share your Knowledge with the rest of these guys.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

RenoDeano
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby RenoDeano » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:29 am

hey, no ride reports lately, what gives?
"A physicist's theories are worthless unless he can explain them to the barmaid at the local pub." --Rutherford

Outlanders Max XTs 400 and 800 (with tracks)
http://picasaweb.google.com/104730725462657207876

hemingray

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby hemingray » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:43 am

RenoDeano wrote:hey, no ride reports lately, what gives?
Over in the "Went Riding!" section!

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~